First post (and Opeth cover)

Thanks again for the wonderful comments. I have finals for school coming up, so my musical projects have been on the back burner for a bit. I'm hoping to focus on them more in the coming weeks.

Opion, that sig is fucking awesome. I mean it. Absolutely fucking awesome. Is there any way I could get one that is only 65 pixels in height? Would love to use it on another forum (with full credit of course), but there's a height restriction on signature images.

Hey, I can do bass or lead guitar for it if you like? Sounds nice so far, except you missed a chord in the 'chorus'.. its more like this

C, B7, Em, Em/C#, C

Hard to explain where I mean, but the offending chord is at around 1:38 in your version

FuneralPortrait said:
Hey, I can do bass or lead guitar for it if you like? Sounds nice so far, except you missed a chord in the 'chorus'.. its more like this

C, B7, Em, Em/C#, C

Hard to explain where I mean, but the offending chord is at around 1:38 in your version

Lead track would be cool! What's the right chord? I'll admit, I got the tab off the net, so I doubt it's authenticity. If you could point me to the right chord, I could easily retrack it. Needs work anyway.

FuneralPortrait said:

C, B7, Em, Em/C#, C

Okay, I've scoured the net and all the tabs I've found show that the chorus goes C, B7, Em, Cadd9, C. Could you tab out the chord I'm missing? As soon as I can get this cover finished up, I'll begin work on Death Whispered A Lullaby. My ultimate goal is to cover all of Damnation.

Hey, sorry I completely forgot about this, I'll tab it out for you if you're still interested, post it tomorrow hopefully.

Moonstruck said:
The acoustics and drums were good, the lead was ugly. And it really needs the bass.

BTW, the first chord is not a standard Em like in the tab posted, but:

I think I saw Peter play this on Lamentations.

LOL, fucking dumbass, that's just another way of playing an E Minor.

AcousticJames said:
Greetings Opeth freaks!

[--]

I haven't been quite the same since. I would like to offer up a cover I am working on of "Ending Credits". A friend from the Metallica forums (yes, the Metallica forums) created a drum track, and I did the acoustic guitars as well [--]
check out the tune at my Myspace page (as well as a couple of other short recordings I've done) at http://www.myspace.com/seventeenhours

Hope you enjoy!

Hey and welcome!

Great rhtyhm guitar on your opeth cover! It's a great track of Opeth.

Arjen W. said:
So to you those two chords sound exactly the same? No need to call someone a dumbass just because you can't appreciate such details...

Not the point, they're still both E Minor chords, and Asshat over here was trying to convince everyone "it's not an E Minor, it's... *proceeds to post a different phrasing of the same chord*"

see my point?

Botfly said:
Not the point, they're still both E Minor chords, and Asshat over here was trying to convince everyone "it's not an E Minor, it's... *proceeds to post a different phrasing of the same chord*"

see my point?

The quote is actually: "...is not a standard E Minor...", seems clear enough to me that he meant the fingering of the chord.

Whatever, useless discussion!

Arjen W. said:
The quote is actually: "...is not a standard E Minor...", seems clear enough to me that he meant the fingering of the chord.

Whatever, useless discussion!

I agree with the whole of your post