First Post

JesusChristPose

Logic Dictates
Oct 20, 2001
Pittsburgh, Pa
Opeth fucking rocks, period.

They don't conform to others standards, period.

They play from their hearts and mind and don't give a shit about commercialized bullshit music writing, period.

Did I say that Opeth fucking rocks?

New time listener...

JCP

ahhhh JCP welcome! Just played Still Life...now listening to MAYH!) I ask you, could it get any better? All hail the mighty Opeth!

a soundgarden fan in the ranks? neat.

i just listened to the strokes. :)

my arms, your hearse might get a run now. but i plan to skip few a couple of the tracks. i think i'll program my disk player to play when, demon of the fall, and credence. what a threesome.

thanks for the welcome

Yeah, Soundgarden was great, too bad they split up.

Jo - I don't have Still Life yet, but most definitely plan on getting it, especially after listening to the samples. I have Blackwater Park and My Arms Your Hearse. I think both of those are great.

This band is truly original, creative, and just plain bad-ass.

crumbling mirth...and miss out on April Ethereal "It was me, peering through the looking glass", The Amen Corner "White summer. So far I have gone to see you again", Credence "Deserted again. You speak to me through the shadows", Karma "And as they say, grief is only able to possess."!

albums i've played today:

blonde on blonde by bob dylan
13 tales of urban bohemia by the dandy warhols
come on die young by mogwai
rock action by mogwai
simon and garfunkel - the definitive collection
hatful of hollow by the smiths
still life by opeth
morningrise by opeth
angel dust by faith no more
disco volante by mr bungle
nattens madrigal by ulver
the joshua tree by u2
is this it by the strokes...

so, as you can see jo, i've had a fair intake of music for one day :cool: three awesome tracks from ma,yh should cap things off very nicely.

mirth,

I am on a LANS, so the speed is pretty quick when receiving downloads. I am not sure what is wrong with what is going on with your attempt to view the video.

JCP you are more than welcome for the direction...the thanks goes to the incredible Ytse, Hoserhellspawn and Mike as it is due to their tidy team work that I also have had the emmense pleasure to witness a live performance of Opeth! (and the songs chosen, what can we say, bliss! hehe)
Opeth (just incase)
crumbling mirth I am pretty certain there is instructions on that thread (link above) as well as on Ytse's webpage.

Originally posted by Jo
ahhhh JCP welcome! Just played Still Life...now listening to MAYH!) I ask you, could it get any better? All hail the mighty Opeth!

Dude, where are you from in Australia? In your profile it says 'desert', but I've never met anyone from the desert so far.. so where are you really from?

I'm from Melbourne and I'm just interested in fellow Australians on the forum.

finally got it working, so cheers for bearing with me in a brief moment of frustration.

but i watched the video. and it was grand. marvelous even :)

requiem - melbourne eh? sweet.

Originally posted by crumbling mirth
a soundgarden fan in the ranks? neat.

i just listened to the strokes. :)

my arms, your hearse might get a run now. but i plan to skip few a couple of the tracks. i think i'll program my disk player to play when, demon of the fall, and credence. what a threesome.

I got that strokes album :D I love the vocals ;) And I've got that Simon and Garfunkel cd 2 :p Heh

Hi JCP :) And Jo, sum1 finally recognised ur worth ;)