First Single Announced!! and it's not forsaker

Dammit, I really wish that they would hurry up and release this music video and put the song on their Myspace. I want to start promoting Katatonia on some rock forums but I cannot start doing that until one of these are put up on the internet. I don't want to promote a band without their debut single from the new album being included in the effort.
Jack

Dammit, I really wish that they would hurry up and release this music video and put the song on their Myspace. I want to start promoting Katatonia on some rock forums but I cannot start doing that until one of these are put up on the internet. I don't want to promote a band without their debut single from the new album being included in the effort.
Jack

Sorry to inform you, but Katatonia isn't like 99% of the bands in your signature. I wouldn't expect a hit single and hot new video from Katatonia right off the bat. TGCD was obviously diff than past albums, but I don't think you should expect the same treatment. Katatonia are not a "single" band, but produce amazing albums with great songs all the way through.

Sorry to inform you, but Katatonia isn't like 99% of the bands in your signature. I wouldn't expect a hit single and hot new video from Katatonia right off the bat. TGCD was obviously diff than past albums, but I don't think you should expect the same treatment. Katatonia are not a "single" band, but produce amazing albums with great songs all the way through.

They don't have to sound like any of the bands in my signature. But I can only assume that (like all artists) they want to sell records and be heard as well as gain new listeners. Of course, I could be wrong but I highly doubt it. The sooner that they get the single out, then the sooner everyone (fans, radio stations, etc.) can begin promoting them.
Jack

It does seem this album will be a bit less... commercial than their last one. Hell, I think some of the best moments of tgcd were in the more 'commercial' songs so I'm not really seeing the problem if they do have a few.

We'll find out soon enough!

I'm afraid the album has been leaked out. I've been talking with guy today who had the album (except the bonus track) in his ipod, and trust me, it wasn't a fake. But the jerk didn't want to tell me where he had found it

Edited: Just to avoid confusion, I'm not interested at all in that kind of stuff. I've bought my own copy of the album so I don't need a shitty leaked version.

I talked to Jonas last friday and he said that they haven't recorded anything more than the 11 tracks on the album + "Ashen", so the single will be delayed. Not released in the end of October, anyhow. ;-)
Lasse Hoile will direct the video.

From the sound of things this will be by far their most commercial viable record to date.

I think the positive press plus word of mouth will do the trick. "Opeth frontman loves new Katatonia album!!!" These new wave of metal fanz worship everything out of that man's mouth. It sells.

If I remember correctly Katatonia resigned with Peaceville around the time of TGCD. I'm not sure what the contract entails, but all I know is that if Roadrunner haven't made a play for the band they will now stronger than ever. If you look at their business model that would make the most sense.