‘Night Is the New Day’ will be released on October 19

Nehebkau

Sep 17, 2006
“They say every night has it’s dawn, we say night is the new day!”

Katatonia, the Swedish masters of melancholy, are set to return with their follow-up to 2006’s groundbreaking album, ‘The Great Cold Distance’.

It can now be revealed that the latest opus is to be titled ‘Night Is the New Day’, with the band currently well along the road to completion of their eighth studio album.

‘Night Is the New Day’ will be released on October 19th (US – October 27th) on Peaceville Records.

Keep a look-out for the upcoming launch of www.nightisthenewday.com for exclusives & announcements on the final cover artwork, final tracklisting and the release of the new single.

Awsome, I dont know if I like the title but who cares about a title?

Haha the title made me think about vampires, perhaps they will start to dress up like vampires and drink tomato juice on stage :p

"Night Is The New Day" !!!
Finally there will be proof to what I've known ever since! (;
Admittedly it may sound awkward at first, but I think it has a pleasant sound and somehow it fits Katatonia, no?!

19th of October, eh... so that's something to live on for... if excitement's not gonna kill before that...

Hmm..are they kidding with us maybe?
I wonder...of course, every title can work in the right context. This is also on the katatonia site now:

Keep a look-out for the upcoming launch of
for exclusives & announcements on the final cover artwork, final tracklisting and the release of the new single.

Hmm..
I think it kind of disappears in the entire *something* is the new *something* formula, which doesn't make it too memorable or original.
But I'd rather wait to see if it would fit the album or not

I think it does fit the Katatonia album titles. Their album titles don't really sound how I would expect a Katatonia album title to sound after hearing the music, therefore it fits perfectly! If that makes any sense.

Not really a fan of this title, but I'm sure the music will rock, and that's all that really matters.

OCT 27th woot!!