‘Night Is the New Day’ will be released on October 19

I think the name of the new album is not too bad, I would still check out the new album regardless of the title though :lol:

I'm totally happy with the release date btw!
Everyone was so desperately impatient, and now that we know it nobody says a thing about it, hehe.
Finally we have a date to look forward to, and it isn't a very long wait too :oops:

I remember LFDGD and VE titles sounded kinda awkward to me when they came out, but in time they grew (with the music) and now they are second nature to most of us. I actually like this title, it kinda prepares me for something...contemporary dark! Release date is cool news too. Cheers!

well i'm glad most of you don't like the album title, it seems pretty cliche, not really fitting, but the music will determine, but just like with Watershed, i don't think it fits the song vibes

Thank you, it's a beauty isn't it :rolleyes:
Somehow it really is, yes o_O at least to me. Just now I realized that time will be my 1st anniversary of living in that new place of mine... and moreover... the 19th of October last year was a really special day. Maybe you remember, you even sent me a text message to encourage me on your way home from work! Aaah... the sky was red and there probably was a storm to come.
Come to think of this, I almost forgot about this and now there'll be a whole new meaning to this date this year. How fortunate!!

...and seriously, what's up with the name-hating? Last time there were people going all "What the hell's a great cold distance?" and in the end it seemed to fit, no? Same with Viva Emptiness and already mentioned Last Fair Deal Gone Down (omg, it's not even original *baw*) and actually, doesn't Tonight's Decision sound a little shallow anyway? Nomen est omen... NOT ;P

Somehow it really is, yes o_O at least to me. Just now I realized that time will be my 1st anniversary of living in that new place of mine... and moreover... the 19th of October last year was a really special day. Maybe you remember, you even sent me a text message to encourage me on your way home from work! Aaah... the sky was red and there probably was a storm to come.
Come to think of this, I almost forgot about this and now there'll be a whole new meaning to this date this year. How fortunate!!

Makka na ito.

And certainly a storm has come, although it has been very peaceful.. There's at least a storm over my house at the moment, so I can sleep to the sound of rain!!

I'm really surprised that you guys are being so negative about the title. Seems like the perfect title for a Katatonia album to me, and not a change in direction at all really... they've always been gloomy, but with a bit of a swagger. Of course it's nothing like their first few LPs, but in comparison to their more recent albums it makes perfect sense.

I like the new title. It's interesting, but I'll need the full context before I reach a verdict. Can't wait to see what color scheme they'll use for the album cover!

And certainly a storm has come, although it has been very peaceful.. There's at least a storm over my house at the moment, so I can sleep to the sound of rain!!

In the last 3 weeks ive seen more storms here than in a season at home. Never suspected that the Netherlands would have katatonia fitting weather. Even if the storms were short.

I'm really surprised that you guys are being so negative about the title. Seems like the perfect title for a Katatonia album to me, and not a change in direction at all really... they've always been gloomy, but with a bit of a swagger. Of course it's nothing like their first few LPs, but in comparison to their more recent albums it makes perfect sense.

The thing is that I've seen that formula only used by hip wannabe cool emo-like indy bands.
But hey, all I need is Katatonia to release a killer album with that name and my prejudice will be gone