New Katatonia

why the complaints about the hi-hat panning?
it's about time people did more fucked up panning with drums.

underoath - lost in the sound of seperation's drum panning is mental, and i love it

Sorry to revive this thread, but I just bought the Underoath's album, and fuck! The drum panning is fucking weird, I fucking love it, it constantly changes during certain passages etc, makes the whole music much more interesting IMO and fucks with your head. loves eett!

the first time i listened to it i didn´t like it at all. way too much going on and they somehow missed the climax of each song.
but this opinion could change after listening to it again and again. if it wasn´t katatonia i wouldn´t have given them another chance.
i loved tgcd so i guess i will love the new one as well....sometime......

Honestly... my iTunes has 35 listens on this album. The only other ones with playcounts higher are Blackwater Park and Deja Entendu, two of my favorite albums of all time.

This album is fucking genius all over!

I've just recently started to listen to this group. Y'all were so persistent saying TGCD is Bogrens best album so I just had to check them out. I did enjoy that album, but the singer only shows like one or two feelings throughout that album. So then the next natural step is to check all there outer albums. I must say that I was quite disappointed. They are so different to TGCD, not at all as complex sounding. I was very happy to hear the direction this new album took, so dynamic, melodic and big sounding. And the singer really did a double or triple level up for this album, might be because he composed much of the album? Overall I think this is their best album. Probably this years best album for me.

Just picked up this album today.
I'm hooked already, one of my favorite albums this year.

bought the album yesterday.

so far it's pretty killer! slightly mellower than i thought, but i actually enjoy the mellower songs a bit more than the heavy ones (liberation for example isn't exactly my favorite as of right now)....killer atmosphere, killer singing and songwriting, really cool for those special times....

i prefered bogren's mix on tgcd, but the new one comes quite close...tgcd was still better in all aspects, especially the snare and bass were way cooler on tgcd. but it's still a good mix, and manages to capture that katatonia vibe pretty well. surprisingly there's quite some clipping (despite being a bogren master), mainly on the tom parts....but who cares.

great album so far....i haven't decided on whether i prefer tgcd or the new one, yet! right now it's 8,5/10 for me.

Its ok. Ive had it since it came out so its not that I havent played it enough to give it time to catch its weight.. it just isnt there for me. In fact its quite a bit down the list afaic with Katatonia...

Still hard to fuck with that back to back of Last Fair Deal and Viva Emptiness