Fistful of Metal Should Be Remastered

Let's hope your right Steve. I just hope they don't do the kinda remasters Megadeth did. I noticed a lot of earlier cd's sound like they are recorded low. I especially notice that on State of Euphoria.

ThraxMan

Steve M said:
i remember a while back someone mentioning that megaforce was going to be remastering it for the 20th anniversary. maybe i'm wrong.

yeah... i'm with you on that 100%. i can see megaforce doing fistful, but i doubt island will spend the money to remaster spreading through killer b's. unless sanctuary buys the back catalog... which will never fucking happen.

i'm looking forward to GO2E mainly because i really can't stand the production of all of those. so, it's good that they got the classics on there with a few oddballs like deathrider and gung ho.

Apart from us who post here and a few others along the way, I doubt that there'd be a huge market for a remastered FOM.

I could be wrong, but with Music of Mass Destruction out and once TGO2E has been released, I'd love to see Anthrax moving forwards again and concentrating on the follow-up to WCFYA.

I've talked to 2 or 3 people on the 'inside' who have heard Greater of 2 Evils.
They all say it sounds fucking incredible! :headbang:

Remastering the old stuff is in the 'planning stage'.
It will happen eventually.

It probably will happen, I listened to it like a month ago, found it pretty good if it wasn´t for the lame singing.

ThraxMan said:
Let's hope your right Steve. I just hope they don't do the kinda remasters Megadeth did. I noticed a lot of earlier cd's sound like they are recorded low. I especially notice that on State of Euphoria.

ThraxMan
Yes, I also hope they don't do like Megadeth and half-re-record their albums to replace the originals. And I spent a lot of fuckin' money on them, so I have the right to express and opinion without anyone jumping on my ass. I'm not saying they're terrible; I just don't think they needed to take it that far.

ThraxDude said:
Remastering the old stuff is in the 'planning stage'.
It will happen eventually.

Awesome!!!!
Do you have any ideas which albums they plan on Remastering?? Because Fistful of Metal, Armed and Dangerous, Spreading the Disease, Among the Living, I'm the Man and State of Euphoria all need an appointment.

dutchy said:
remaster will sell less then a 1000, waiste of time and money!!

Not from my point of view. The street team needs to come into play for this. Flyers that say shit like "ANTHRAX REMASTERS: IN STORE NOW" and stuff like that.

And all us thraxfans on this board would rather remaster them the way they were when they were recorded than rerecord with Bush. That would cost MORE TIME AND MORE MONEY. Ever thought of that??

I'd love to hear Fistful of Metal with a cleaner guitar sound and DO AWAY WITH THOSE DAMN POPPING SOUNDS!!! :yuk:

Spreadingthe Living312 said:
Not from my point of view. The street team needs to come into play for this. Flyers that say shit like "ANTHRAX REMASTERS: IN STORE NOW" and stuff like that.

And all us thraxfans on this board would rather remaster them the way they were when they were recorded than rerecord with Bush. That would cost MORE TIME AND MORE MONEY. Ever thought of that??

No, I'm kinda stupid, Mr spokesperson for the whole US posse!!