Fistful of Metal Question

Just wanted to say hi, and my wife (who went out for a little bit) wanted me to tell you guys to lighten up and not be so uptight. She thinks you guys take shit too seriously, I think.
Gotta run myself, I'll check in later, and before you ask, no, I don't really care anymore that I'm not on BTM, heh heh.

Originally posted by balth
Just wanted to say hi, and my wife (who went out for a little bit) wanted me to tell you guys to lighten up and not be so uptight. She thinks you guys take shit too seriously, I think.
Gotta run myself, I'll check in later, and before you ask, no, I don't really care anymore that I'm not on BTM, heh heh.

Actually I'm gonna respond like your wife does....by showing the shit you already typed.
balth......I don't think the guys from ANTHRAX are the greatest men on earth........even though you " don't care" it's still shitty that your not in it........HOWEVER, your wife has the uncanny ability to make a bad day even worse.
I give up!

UNCLE!
There. I cried " uncle!" it's over, finished, you win this argument.
Lilker...I don't care if you made 10 cents or 10 dollars off of me buying the re-release of "speak english or die". At least I buy S.O.D. shit. Not everybody does. I'm glad you guys got together and made a few albums. S.O.D. is one of my favorites of all time,
I was just stating that I am 1 of the 1 million fans who bought SEOD, and then good 'ole lovely necro pops up w/ a smart remark about how much you really make off record sales and what you two do to pay the rent. I DON'T CARE! As long as you ppl lead happy lives, I don't give a fuck if your not a high rise livin,' jet plane flyin' son of a gun! The fact that you're as close to real ppl as a person can get, and still have this somewhat amazing life to tell ppl about is just plain killer.

Thats my two cents.

And to all those reading (JUSTIN) I slept on it and there will be no more flaming from gregthraX.
Well...at least not all the time like yesterday!
:devil:

Also i happen to like the sun alot, its not like its my fault that the sun never shines in Michigan, its not like i don't want tan, also its not like i hate Anthrax, i was just a tad daissapionted with their performance at the priest show at the palace, i mea they played almost alll new stuf, i mean throw a thrash fan a bone and play Gun Hoe, jeez, can't a guy like thrash, and to the thrash bashers, you can do plenty with thrash for example Sodom, theres a band whos been thrashing for 20 years, and every album they ever made ruled and something had diffrent in it while still being thrash, and they're still around and touring with Kreator and Destruction, god please let that tour come to the US. Anyway so yeah i guess i may have come off thrax basher but only cause i was upset at the time,oh and sorry for being a die hard thrasher, maybe ill keep my opinion to myself, cause it seems that only you peoples opinions seem to matter, and don't take everything so seriousely jeez, oh and who cares if i associate diffrent spellings with diffrent eras of a bands history, maybe i need to do that cause i'm excessive compulsive, ever think of that, i guess not.

Well go wash your hands a lot like all the other compulsives out there! j/k seriously though, I am not a thrash basher. Only god knows why they never play that shit anymore. I'd give my right nut for MetallicA (like that?) to play JUMP IN THE FIRE, but I guess thats a gem they don't wanna break out for the "rabid" fan at a live show.
FUCK 'EM! I'll just break out KILL 'EM ALL......rather hear that version anyhow.
So until ANTHRAX plays some thrash live, I guess we'll have to listen to BLOOD on a disc.
DAMN! That song rocks!

I wish they'd play Panic my all time favorite Anthrax but they don't, and my patience grows thin. Oh its hard to be a thrasher in the new millenium, especially when all the bands you like you'll never get to see live cause you were to young to see them when they were around. So i go to Anthrax concerts and megadeth concerts, and metallica concerts only to hear non thrash songs being played, and then a few old songs thrown in played at half speed, its enough to make Paul Baloff cry, may he rest in peace. All i want is a half and half set so that thrashers will be happy and new fans will be happy ahhh!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I don't think you're gonna get your way.

And I'm not being bitchy or sarcastic, I'm just saying that times change. It sucks, I know, but it happens. And we're the ones that end up getting left behind, with our stereos up loud cause it's the closest we'll get to jammin' the way we want to.

Oh well.

Woo-hoo!! Franklin is on!!!
(Shit, I need to get out more)

Wow, the maturity in this thread is amazing. Whoever said you have to have everything a band puts out to be a fan? I'm a fan of Anthrax, but I prefer their Belladonna-era stuff. I used to be a fan of Metallica, till the turned to complete shit with the Black album and later. I'm even still a fan of Megadeth, even though they released the god-awful Risk album. I own all but 2 of the Testament CDs, so does that mean I'm not a fan 'cause I don't have the 2 shitty ones (The Ritual and Demonic, if you care)? I never buy any live CDs or compilations, does that mean I don't really like those bands? I've heard some stupid things in my time, but stating that someone isn't a fan of a band just 'cause they don't like some of their CDs just makes most of the other stupid things seem a little smarter. I am a fan of good music. If one of my favorite bands releases a horrible album, I will not buy it just 'cause I like the band. That only serves to promote them releasing more shit and not returning to quality music. And, I don't mean these things about Anthrax. Their new stuff, while not my favorite, is still good.

as for Anthrax, I love "Spreading"!
I love "Among..."!
I fuckin´love "Volume 8"!

as for Megadeth, I love "Rust In Peace" and "Countdown"!
I love "Risk"!

as for Metallica, I love "RTL"
I love "Master"
I love "Black album" and "Load" too!

They all sound the same fuckin´great to me!

Am I strange???

Peace.

Look, I said I would flame no more...and yet you persist to come on here and talk about the maturity level of "some ppl" on this board. We all know the "ppl" that you mean. I'm the one who said the thing about being a fan. You seem to disagree. I think that's just dandy. Your opinion is dually noted. And respected.
However, the few cracks about the "maturity level" of the board that I've read in damn near every post that you have made in the last 24 hours really " upset" me to say the least.
We (the immature ones) are mothers and fathers, husbands and wives....some of us work hard manual labor, others at a desk...somes ''full time jobs" are to raise the children who will be the future of this god forsaken planet. We are very mature. We pay bills, take care of deathly ill loved ones, even watch the ppl we love simply leave us. ALL these things take a strong willed, very mature, man or woman to live through. Talk about how flaming is bad for the board, but NEVER tell us that we are immature. I come here to get away from some of the pressures of the real world...to talk to others about my favorite band ANTHRAX.
As do a lot of ppl here. So what if we check our adulthood at the door? We just have to put it back on w/ our crash helmets when we log off.
To the ppl who's lives I used as examples (you know who you are), I thank you for coming here and making my life a little richer.
No thanks to you, Jimbob.
You are now on my ignore list.

You got it Brother! We are all hear to find out the latest on the band, And just escape from realitiy for awhile, back to days of Jean JAckets with Anthrax Written on the back with Black majic marker

like all things, metal evolves. It seems alot of us will not accept change. Whats wrong with putting a modern sound in your music?metallica: In fact I like some of the new stuff. probably about as much as I like the old stuff. I never realy liked pantera all that much either. But I always liked Anthrax. I like the music more now with bush. Risk to me is one of Megadeths best albums. They just wanted to do something different and they did a damn good job of it. Not only was it NOT like anything they had done before, but it was very well written and composed. like they said the name came from what it was the risk of doing something different. I used to fight change all the damn time and hate all new metal. But I opened my mind up a little and found that I liked alot of the new bands. Godsmack recently grew on me for example. I mean think about it. 80's metal had a certain sound. high pitched voices and fast beats and long guitar solos. 90's metal kinda slowed down and focused on heavy riffs and vocals. and now.. well ther's a bunch of different shit going on. but it's a different era. and to say a band is conforming to the "new wave" well what were they doing when they origionally started? the problem comes from labeling everything in the first place.
to strive to be different is the same as conforming
-Jono-

Hmmm...well, since Greg is ignoring me he won't be reading this. Truthfully, I ignore most of his posts 'cause ALL CAPS ARE DAMN UNREADABLE TO NORMAL PEOPLE. I think the "Nu metal sucks" thread was stupid, but it was his opinion. Then everyone started flaming the guy for liking Fistful of Metal best. Instead of saying, "nah, I like the new shit better", it was "you're a fucking moron who should burn in hell 'cause you don't accept change in the music you like and you're not a fan 'cause you don't like all of the Anthrax, Metallica, and Megadeth CDs ever put out" (or something to that effect). Then, all the flaming which was "edited" out by Necrophobic. I wasn't just referring to Gregthrax with the maturity comment, I was referring to every damn post in the entire thread, except the first couple.

And I only posted about the maturity on the board twice, so that hardly counts for "nearly every damn post I made in the last 24 hours". I couldn't care less if you're a father or mother outside the board, at least you could act like you have passed puberty on the board. The stuff like "cut your mullet" and "you're not a fan 'cause you don't like all their stuff" reminds me of kids in middle school and the juvenile arguments they used.

Anthrax got me into metal, and even though I like a lot of bands better, they still hold that special place in my heart. So, coming here and reading all the flaming of people for their opinions just pisses me off. I, however, am not going to put people on ignore just 'cause I disagree with their opinion.

"...And Justice For All" is like the 3rd best album ever, IMO, behind Forbidden "Twisted Into Form" and Nevermore "Dreaming Neon Black". One was indeed a great song. I think my first metal song was "I'm the Man". I thought it was awesome, but I don't even own the EP, lol (actually I have it on tape, but no cassette player). Ah, the memories.

I was beginging to think that thrashers were not welcome on this board, and i have a jean jacket by the way( some one posted about jean jackets ), with an overkill patch, an iron maiden patch, a led zeppelin patch, a pantera patch, an exodus patch, a king diamond patch, and a dio patch, the 80's ruled. I also happen to be a fan of the speed metal arets so of course i don't like the new stuff by most thrash bands they all slowed down and dtarted trying to de like Pantera, all i have to say is thank god for Sodom cause they never ever stopped thrashing, oh yeah and nither did Motor head, or Overkill. Thrash On!!!!

I love motorhead. the're a few bands that I like and I don't have any albums by them and motorhead is one of them. I need to get some. I watched wishmaster last night and the song they played for the credits was a motorhead song. dunno which one but I was like "man I need some motorhead"
-Jono-

get thier greatest hits (or whatever its called i dont remember, but i have it) its reall great, i listen to it all the time, its a double cd though...i got it for free from BMG cuz they love me :)