Fistful of Metal Should Be Remastered

ThraxMan said:
All I have to say is if you don't want these albums remastered, just don't buy them. Don't spoil it for everybody who does want them. Nobody us forcing you to buy them.

ThraxMan

You took the words out of my mouth...There's nothing I want more than for Anthrax albums to be remastered. :headbang:

dutchy said:
what about a poll??
remaster or re-record with the Mighty Bush??
my vote : re with Bush!!!!

The thing about rerecording with Bush is that it will get in the way of making a new album...and it will also lose the way they recorded it back in the day. You have over 30 songs rerecorded with Bush already. Now its time for the remasters to come into play.

I'll settle for a donation so I can have Fist.., Armed.. and STD on cd b/c I've only had them on vinyl and they got ripped off. Not long ago Fist.. was rare to find on cd, correct? I doubt they'll remaster it. But , hey, I wouldn't mind.

Bass Fellow said:
I'll settle for a donation so I can have Fist.., Armed.. and STD on cd b/c I've only had them on vinyl and they got ripped off. Not long ago Fist.. was rare to find on cd, correct? I doubt they'll remaster it. But , hey, I wouldn't mind.

What makes you think they wont remaster it?? It could happen. VERY simply.

Spreadingthe Living312 said:
The thing about rerecording with Bush is that it will get in the way of making a new album...and it will also lose the way they recorded it back in the day. You have over 30 songs rerecorded with Bush already. Now its time for the remasters to come into play.
you and youre remasters!! I hope you choke on em!!:)
just kidding !!!:wave:

Remastering would really help Fistful Of Metal out, because unlike Among The Living and Spreading The Disease, the bottom end frequencies are there...they just need beefed up. I don't think simple remastering would help the sound of the other early albums (but it'd help Persistance Of Time tremendously)....
With some simple multiband compression, to enhance the bottom end, and then crank up the volume and use some limiting, check out the difference on the first 50 seconds of Deathrider. It has the original master in the first half of the clip, and quick remaster I did...and if I made it sound this much better, the professionals will do it even better:
http://www.fuzzrecordingstudio.com/deathridercompare.mp3

I don't even think they would even be well received if they ever got Bush to record the vox on old albums... I mean if you go to Blabbermouth and those kind of sites you'll find plenty of people who think that Belladonna is the best Anthrax singer... Plus, I don't really think It's necessary. The old albums, along with their shitty production, are part of music history, re-mixing them is, in a way, fucking up with history, and well, by hearing what Megadeth did, let's just say it ain't the besta idea.

GOTE is the way to go, the best option really. It worked pretty well for Testament with First strike, and it'll do fine for Anthrax.

Personnally, I like the old albums as they are, with the expection of Fistfull, whose production is just horrible, but I don't even listen to it that much, because they didn't have the "anthrax" sound back then, they were just another speed metal band... And as for remasters... I also think it's a waste of time and money... And, I can't tell you for sure, but I have a German version of Fistfull which has Fistfull & Armed & Dangerous together, and I think, they are remasatered, though I'm not 100% sure, since I haven't the original Fistful... you could look into it though.

Deege said:
Remastering would really help Fistful Of Metal out, because unlike Among The Living and Spreading The Disease, the bottom end frequencies are there...they just need beefed up. I don't think simple remastering would help the sound of the other early albums (but it'd help Persistance Of Time tremendously)....
With some simple multiband compression, to enhance the bottom end, and then crank up the volume and use some limiting, check out the difference on the first 50 seconds of Deathrider. It has the original master in the first half of the clip, and quick remaster I did...and if I made it sound this much better, the professionals will do it even better:
http://www.fuzzrecordingstudio.com/deathridercompare.mp3

Could you do this for all of the songs, only full length?? Because that would kick supreme ass!!!!! :headbang: :D

Honestly the only albums I think REALLY DESPERATELY NEED remastering are Fistful of Metal, Armed and Dangerous, and State of Euphoria. Everything else is fine how it is.

Well, 10 years after I started this thread we still have NO remasters of Fistful of Metal or other releases with the exception of Among The Living. There is a lot of new technology now and I think all the releases from Killer B's and earlier could benefit. Still hoping.... The double CD Anthrology set was well done I must say....

I love when these old threads get bumped. Reminds me of all the posters who have disappeared over the years.

And, count me in. I want remasters of all the old Anthrax albums.

It's funny, I was on Google seeing if there were any remasetrs yet and this thread was in the search. And I saw I hadn't posted here since 2012!

Speaking of remasters, I think the remastered Megadeth anniversary issues of Peace Sells and Countdown To Extinction are amazingly well done! Much better than those remixed 2004 issues. Does Anthrax even own the rights to their old music is Island/Megaforce hanging on to them for dear life?

I love when these old threads get bumped. Reminds me of all the posters who have disappeared over the years.

And, count me in. I want remasters of all the old Anthrax albums.