Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

Mischievous comments. I tried to use the songs, as was suggested, to put my children to sleep. Now, they keep on asking me why I hate them.

Not that hard.

It's funny how we lower our standards for bands we already know/like.

So if a random dude released random electronic lo-fi, chill, whatever music on youtube, there would be no reaction. 37 views. But, it's our favorite hipster hamster so we'll give it a go and some positive feedback.

Different example, if In Flames (or pretty much any other famous melodeath band) released something like BRHG - Drag Me The Rain in this decade, we would be here giving it 12/10. But as that isn't the case, nobody cares.

If BRHG released Siren Charms, a grand total of five people would listen to shit like that. IF are able to do world tours with the same material.

Life's unfair. :)

I mostly just like it when bands/musicians I already have a favorable opinion of start dabbling in other genres I like, to see how their ideas translate to other mediums.

Niklas Sundin's Mitochondrial Sun is some fantastic shit imo, and Johan Reinholdz from Dark Tranquillity just recently put out his own instrumental electronic album. Anders Bjorler had Antikythera a while back, though that was a different genre.

I'm happy to see Anders try his hand at this kind of thing, and so far I quite like the results. But of course, since people have strong opinions about Anders, reaction to this new music will be accordingly strong, which is ironic because this is fairly typical of the style. And of course people are projecting more drama into the whole Halo Effect thing than there probably is.

Last edited:
But of course, since people have strong opinions about Anders, reaction to this new music will be accordingly strong, which is ironic because this is fairly typical of the style. And of course people are projecting more drama into the whole Halo Effect thing than there probably is.

Anders can make whatever music he likes, as shitty as it inevitably will be and that's more than fine by me.

What I do mind is seeing new posts in this thread and hoping that there was a new single by Jesper and the boys only to see DJ Khaled Friden. That's some cruel shit.

Reactions: eochaid
Personally I listen to a lot of electronic music as a casual listener. I don’t care if Anders made it. I guess if he starts singing it might not be the same anymore. But for now it mixes just fine with the Lo Fi playlists I have. I don’t play Minecraft but my kids do and I have the soundtracks downloaded on my phone that I listen to sometimes. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anders got inspired the same way. So to me, I like it because it’s music I would be listening to anyway. I listen to a lot more electronic music these days than In Flames. I will always love classic In Flames but I can’t listen to that for hours on repeat while I do computer work.

Electronic music doesn't do anything for me so it was unlikely this would interest me even if Anders had made some kind of electronic masterpiece.

If he's enjoying making it then fine, good luck to him.

It's funny how Anders must sing over pretty much everything in IF, autotuning the songs into oblivion, not allowing any instrumentation to really develop. But then releases a solo project without singing. Like why? His singing is obviously fantastic. Why not benefit from those heavenly pipes?

Anders can make whatever music he likes, as shitty as it inevitably will be and that's more than fine by me.

What I do mind is seeing new posts in this thread and hoping that there was a new single by Jesper and the boys only to see DJ Khaled Friden. That's some cruel shit.

I really cant understand to Anders hate at this point. I mean guy tries to do something completely different, you shit on him. Makes pretty good IF album (ITM) you shit on him. It's like you guys really bored with your life so you come to this forum to shit on him so you can actually feel good? I don't know.

"Hardcore" Jesper didn't put you could've say "OMFG" in like 13 years (ASOP) but you still love him but instead shit Anders. Please don't come with the "Anders turned IF into a shitty band" thing again cause Jesper was a part of it until he left. The Halo Effect song would be another modern DT song if it was on any DT album that you guys wouldn't give any shit after 5 listens.

IAS songs might be not your style and I would accept that but shitting on him like this, I just cant understand. If you don't like Anders that much so what is the point standing here talking about IF? Cause he's that big part of IF. It's not like they're gonna release Jester Race part 2 just so you guys are satisfied.

Anders can't sing for shit. IF is not the same and that it was with ASOP. Also, remember that Anders is the shitty part of ASOP, not the music.

Then, you say that the new band sounds like DT as if it's something bad.

The difference between Jesper and Anders? Jesper has talent. Anders is a wanna be.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, a thread has been created for Anders' side project. Hopefully that helps keep this topic focused on The Halo Effect and the routine guesstimates as to whether Daniel or Jesper have the most tattoos.

Reactions: ciko_gfb

I do agree with your point, but honestly I've been here over a decade now, people posting on-subject in threads has always been non-existent. Everyone goes off-route, I cba to create a whole new thread, especially since someone talked about the project some pages earlier.
Since there's 0 moderators on this forum it is what it is :p

Reactions: drawntoblack
This is literally one of the only active band forums left, so I don't think anyone from UM gives a shit at this point. The forum theme is still Siren Charms which was released in 2014.

Judging by the latest video released by THE there is going to be a documentary about the formation of the band and the ideas behind it. Looks like Nuclear Blast are going in strong on this one, as well as the band members themselves. Definitely doesn't just feel like a typical project. Part of me wonders if Stanne is looking to exit DT or go on hiatus with them for a while (once the tour for the latest album is done) to focus on something new. He seems to be pretty heavily into this.

There are people who are able to focus 100% in more than one project. Maybe this is the case.

Perhaps, I'm not complaining either way. Stanne sounds reinvigorated with THE compared to recent DT output though.