Five most moving Katatonia songs

Deliverance, i just can thank you for sharing your sincere thoughts. there's really no way i could consider it cheesy. that you had suffer every minute at that time the same way it's pretty often "told" in their music and that you can relate to it personally, means furthermore you're more susceptible to it. it's worth admiting such weakness. too bad for others if they even can't figure out what're you talking about.

Fuck!!!! This is a hard decision, but there are some like:

Midwinter Gates
The Nothern Silence
Endtime
This punishment
Black session
Tonight's music
Inside the City of Glass

No special order only following releases.

Tonight's music - oh, these lyrics and the chorus is too damn beautiful!
Walkin by a wire - "my youth unknown to me" - exactly what I feel.
A Premonition - The mood in this one and the crying of Renke's voice is amazing
Burn the remembrance - the mood is great. I can somewhat relate to the second verse
Teargas - my all time favorite. Just because it's so damn cool. I like the tempo in the song and the cymbals but the best thing about this song is it makes me happy and gives me strenght in opposite to the other songs

In no real order:
Evidence
Criminals
Sweet Nurse
I Break
Saw You Drown

What can i say, im a sucker for the clean

Hello guys. I´m new here but this is no reason not to post my favourite songs.

1. Tonight´s Music (My personal Katatonia hymn. These lyrics fit totally to me)
2. Sleeper (It remembers me on a dark grey and gloomy room full of dust and thin light)
3. Burn The Remembrance (It´s scary but it made me cry, even if I don´t know why. I just see the picture of a lonely man with longs hairs that blew in the wind, standing with his back at a big grey wall and he´s staring at the bottom. It made me cry out of no reason... it´s fucking scary... Only Katatonia are able to do this...)
4. Murder (I love that dissonant riff at the beginnig of the song and the cruel and depressive atmosphere at all)
5. Don´t Tell A Soul (Only these lines... "If you have noone, noone can hurt you" ...it fits again to my own...)

Frostbitter said:
Hello guys. I´m new here but this is no reason not to post my favourite songs.

1. Tonight´s Music (My personal Katatonia hymn. These lyrics fit totally to me)
2. Sleeper (It remembers me on a dark grey and gloomy room full of dust and thin light)
3. Burn The Remembrance (It´s scary but it made me cry, even if I don´t know why. I just see the picture of a lonely man with longs hairs that blew in the wind, standing with his back at a big grey wall and he´s staring at the bottom. It made me cry out of no reason... it´s fucking scary... Only Katatonia are able to do this...)
4. Murder (I love that dissonant riff at the beginnig of the song and the cruel and depressive atmosphere at all)
5. Don´t Tell A Soul (Only these lines... "If you have noone, noone can hurt you" ...it fits again to my own...)
Welcome Frostbitter:wave:

As of last night, I've been forced to update my list.

The Future Of Speech (last night, I cried pretty bitterly to this song)
Right Into The Bliss (I've cried to this before, pretty hard)
A Premonition (same here)
Strained (it's the chorus that does it for me, but I haven't cried to this yet)
Saw You Drown (I'm sure I'll cry to this one day, but not yet)

If I could add more (trapping myself with my own rule), I'd add:

Evidence
Inside The City Of Glass (Jesus, this song creeps me out)
Help Me Disappear (possibly my favorite Katatonia song, such a catatonic and desperate song)

Teargas
Burn The Remembrance - "surely you'll miss me,but long live the doubt"
Evidence - "if you only knew what I would do for you"
Tonights Music - "tonight my head is full of wishes,and everything I drink is full of her"
Quiet World - atmospheric brilliance
For My Demons
Omerta
Complicity
Disposession
Day
Rainroom - "I saw it end long before it ended,life itself grew pale and ended"

truly amazing songs,the lyrics give the songs such a haunting feeling yet you cant stop listening to them.

Quiet world
Had to (leave)
Gone
Cold ways
Omerta (dunno if this one is moving, but it certainly has an impact)

@four numbers: I just meant songs that have an effect on you. Omerta is certainly a good one.

Well, there are now three songs that mean a lot to me, as of last night. These are 'Strained', 'A Darkness Coming', and 'Black Session'. I know I mentioned 'Strained' before, but it bears repeating. But God, 'Black Session'....

Barghest said:
In Death, A Song (my all time Katatonia fave)

Mine as well, so far at leats...

Anyway, I've not heard all of Discourage Ones yet so I'm a bit limited here. I WILL get it though, Katatonia are the most amazing band I've heard in a long time.

Anyway...

In Death, A Song (obviously)
Evidence (I get some strange images of new world order, being implanted, other chaos, especially in the "I am the evidence" bit)
Complicity (The chorus strikes me everytime)
Right Into The Bliss
A Premonition (Seems like it's trying to explain some kind of intuition that's hard to explain, but you can feel it. A very odd feeling, but it touches me with this song)