LEAST favourite Katatonia songs

Cerulean

Not very cerulean eh
Jan 26, 2003
Affligem, Belgium
users.pandora.be
Well, I think we've had a million 'favourite song' threads already, so it's time for the opposite thing.

For me it's Distrust, One Year From Now, Omerta and We Must Bury you.

I don't hate these songs, but I do tend to skip them sometimes.

I'm pretty sure we already had such a thread some time ago ^^

Guess One Year From Now is also my least favourite katasong ...

...but I really love Distrust & We Must Bury You ... and Omerta, which I like alot in the VE context coz it's so completely different from anything else and brings kinda fresh breeze into Viva Emptiness... [not that I think it would be boring without Omerta... no way!]... to me it underlines the emotionality so perfectly ... *shrugs*

MECOSARIO said:
Yeh, one year from now and omerta are not the best Katatonia's songs

...I love those songs! not my favorite, but still good. but least favorite? Without God and Burn the Remembrance

I don't really dislike any Katatonia songs. Just the one song that comes to mind, We Must Bury You, is really different. I don't care for the drums for the chorus, but it ain't too bad.

Yeah I actually can't bare to listen to WMBY either.
And I honestly didn't know there was a thread like this already. I'm taking a break from this forum every now and then so that might explain.

Don't understand what's wrong with Clean Today by the way :p
I play this with my band.

I agree with We Must Bury You and One Year From Now. I usually almost always skip these. There are parts of One Year From Now that I like though.

Omerta and Distrust? IMO those songs rule. hehe To each there own.

i always skip "one year from now". i worship the whole viva emptiness record, but this song bores me to death...

hey and i have no problem with "we must bury you". i think it sounds pretty cool...

"Clean Today" is one of the absolute highlights and most underrated songs on LFDGD, it totally rules.

Least favourite, pff, tough, Saw You Drown doesn't particularly stand out i.m.o., despite the popular opinion on this forum. Most songs on Viva Emptiness, except "A Premonition", "Burn The Remembrance", "Omerta" and "Criminals"...

And "Untrue" was pretty understandably left out of the final tracklisting of Sounds Of Decay..

"Scarlet Heavens" is unlike any other Kata-song and quite to pretty damn good i.m.o..

hold on to your hats... here goes.
i seriously don think VE has any realy good song. the refrain of "will i arrive" i realy awesome, but the rest of the album...
not that it is bad, not by any means, but if that album had been the first and only one i heard from a band i probably wouldnt check them out any further.

but the only song i seriously dislike is "in the white" from TGCD..
first of, the main soft riff sound exactly like the one in "my twin"
then there is the solo guitar/horn/keyboard... it honestly sounds like an old 80´s toy keyboard!
And honestly... TGCD is an awesome album, but i dont think it even comes close to LFDGD and TD. dunno why, but i perfer the less polyrythmic parts of katatonia. (the art of playing one riff for minutes without making them boring.. mmm..)

you know, a lot of people like the song without god, but i just dont like it at all...its boring and predictable to me.