Flotsam And Jetsam Is like the....

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
The most underrated band ever I own all of there albums they really should have gone alot farther than they did Great Vocals Great Riffs And just damn Heavy Is there no justice in the world :cry:

@JonnyD -

Hey, a Flotsam fan! I always thought those are extinct, haha. Well, sorry, that I have to disappoint you, but I'm not very familiar with that band. I was intersted in them back in 1990, but lost them out of sight after the release of When The Storm Comes Down. So far I have only their debut, which still drives me mad because of its bad production. To me it sounds like I'd be listening to it on the phone. But I have to admit that some songs are quite good. I heard that the second album is also a very good choice, but after its release the band became worse and worse. What do you think about this? Is No Place For Disgrace worth the money even without Jason Newsted's musical input? And what about WTSCD?

No Place For Disgrace and When The Storm Comes Down are definitely superior to Doomsday, and are the 'must haves' of Flotsam's catalogue, in my opinion.

I too had lost interest a long time ago, but recently picked up Cuatro, their album after WTSCD, and I'm enjoying it alot. I hear really good things about their last album, My God, and I am meaning to pick that up too.

Mad Dog said:
@JonnyD -

Hey, a Flotsam fan! I always thought those are extinct, haha. Well, sorry, that I have to disappoint you, but I'm not very familiar with that band. I was intersted in them back in 1990, but lost them out of sight after the release of When The Storm Comes Down. So far I have only their debut, which still drives me mad because of its bad production. To me it sounds like I'd be listening to it on the phone. But I have to admit that some songs are quite good. I heard that the second album is also a very good choice, but after its release the band became worse and worse. What do you think about this? Is No Place For Disgrace worth the money even without Jason Newsted's musical input? And what about WTSCD?

No place is a decent album Some very good moments They same goes for WTSCD the production sucks but there are some cool songs....The albums with Jason Ward on Bass are in my opinion the best Basiclly everything after WTSCD Is great You should check it out

Reactions: Mad Dog
bloodfiredeath said:
No Place For Disgrace and When The Storm Comes Down are definitely superior to Doomsday, and are the 'must haves' of Flotsam's catalogue, in my opinion.

I too had lost interest a long time ago, but recently picked up Cuatro, their album after WTSCD, and I'm enjoying it alot. I hear really good things about their last album, My God, and I am meaning to pick that up too.

I fucking LOVE Cuatro It is one of my all time favorite albums Newsted cant hold a candle to Jason ward on Bass!!!! And you have to pick My God It is an exceptional Album I truely hope its not the last Flots Record
The last I heard Eric A.K. has been singing country :cry:

Great band! So far I only own the albums "Doomsday For The Deceiver" and "No Place For Disgrace". Both are great albums and two of my favorite pieces of thrash metal. I look foward to getting more stuff by this band.

TheGraveDigger said:
Great band! So far I only own the albums "Doomsday For The Deceiver" and "No Place For Disgrace". Both are great albums and two of my favorite pieces of thrash metal. I look foward to getting more stuff by this band.

Might I suggest High and Unnatural Selection Both are very good!!!

I like Flotsam And Jetsam. Their first two albums are thrash classics. While they are really good, i wouldn't call them one of the best. They have had some stinkers in their career.

You seem to be very enthusiastic about the Flots, huh? Maybe I should give my copy of Doomsday For the Deciever another close listen. I'm pretty short on money at the moment but I'll keep your recommendations in mind.

NPFD is killer, but, now that Jason is in Voivod, forget them, check out voivod!!

They are DEFINATLY the most under rated band of all time!

Mad Dog said:
You seem to be very enthusiastic about the Flots, huh? Maybe I should give my copy of Doomsday For the Deciever another close listen. I'm pretty short on money at the moment but I'll keep your recommendations in mind.

Doomsday is a great album Tho it does not nearly capture the essence of this band Jason Newsted Wrote most of the songs on that one So just like every Flots album it is completly different

Another good one is Cuatro and My God!!!! :devil:

Cuatro has a killer song, Secret Square. Talked to Jason Ward while in a bar for an hour before the Thrash of the Titans show two years ago, he co-wrote many of the songs, Secret Square being one of them.

I had to ask him, for years I never understood the meaning of the acronyms N.E. [Terror] and P.A.A.B. Even though this was before Ward's time, N.E. is a play on the word "Any", and the other is Payback's Always a Bitch. Seems so obvious after he told me...

I have every Flot album. No Place for Disgrace is in my top 3 albums of all time. I would give my left testicle for a re-mastered, re-engineered, re-recorded, re-whatevered version of that disc. Production was awful.

Thrasher

Reactions: mdmatt4ever
Flots is pretty amazing ... I used to have CUATRO in constant rotation in my car stereo when it was released ... one of the most underrated records ever.

NEwstead has mentioned in an interview on the net recently that he was hanging out with the Flots guys during the holidays and there is a possibility of a reunion :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I love Flotsam!:headbang:

My fav album being No Place..(thrash classic) followed by Drift (criminally underrated album).

The last ablum i have is High...didn't care for Unnatural Selection at all and i heard very bad things about My God, but since you guys are praising My God, maybe i'll give it another try.

I just got a NEW copy of "Cuatro" my last one was stolen I almost forgot how FUKIN awsome this album is. It is One of the best albums I have ever heard for sure Goddamn I LOVE THIS BAND I hope they do somthing new someday!!!!

NP:The Message - Flotsam and Jetsam :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

JonnyD said:
I fucking LOVE Cuatro It is one of my all time favorite albums Newsted cant hold a candle to Jason ward on Bass!!!! And you have to pick My God It is an exceptional Album I truely hope its not the last Flots Record
The last I heard Eric A.K. has been singing country !:cry:

DAMN IT JONNY D!
YOU SPARKED MY INTEREST IN THIS BAND!
NOW I'M HUNTIN' LIKE A MAD MAN FOR SOME OF THEIR STUFF!:devil: