Folk-music

I was in the wacken one and I'm afraid to say it sucked, at least for Mago de Oz standards!!! they just played 30 minutes and the sound was quite bad....you should try some gig from them here, that's magic then :)
yeap....I've got all of their cd's....they sound much better than the band live itself!
try the last one Finisterra a terrific double cd :)
and let me know what you think....
if you want some samples just say so!

Originally posted by FatherVic
I was in the wacken one and I'm afraid to say it sucked, at least for Mago de Oz standards!!! they just played 30 minutes and the sound was quite bad....you should try some gig from them here, that's magic then :)
yeap....I've got all of their cd's....they sound much better than the band live itself!
try the last one Finisterra a terrific double cd :)
and let me know what you think....
if you want some samples just say so!

Well, one thing I always seperate, the show of a band and their sound. I'm scouting for a concert promoter, so I see thing a bit different than most fans do! Most of the times you can't blame a band for a bad sound. If the PA isn't the best and / or the sound guy, I would never blame the band for it. To review a band for themselves, it's up to the show they do.
In Bielefeld last fall, Vintersorgs sound wasn't the best, but still all of them were giving their best and that's what counts for me.
I check how people react on stage in different situations, there you can see when a band / artist is good or not....

I'll check them out, start with the double CD Finisterra. :)
Sure I'll like them, I'll let you know what I think. :)

@morgana: well I didn't say it was band's fault....but to a new listener sometimes is difficult to get if it was just badsound or if it was the band that was bad itself! We have a venue here called Mephisto where 90% of the gigs have the worst sound possible...it would be better to make somekind of gig in the street that in that hall!

well if you need help to get the songs get in touch :)

Someone here know the band Menhir?? They make Folk-metal with German lyrics. They have also some black metal influences. Sounds a little bit as the German Vintersorg in my opinnion. They are really cool and I think most people here will like this band:)

Oh, and someone here know Windir too. They play with Finntroll in Holland soon.I hope I will see them. They are a viking-metal band.:)

Yep, I know Menhir :) Great Pagan Metal, I'd say...also some sort of local history lesson on Thuringia :) And "Thuringia" is also the best album they released, I think, just had the chane to listen to "Die ewigen Steine" once, not more... but it sounded very good. Their second album "Buchonia" is far more folk, and very few metal, I like it tho :)

Fix' (Menhir songwriter) sideproject Odroerir has more folk to it, tho I'd say :)

I heard a new song of Menhir. Is is not finnished but sounds really heavy. You can find it on the CD of Ablaze. I can't remember wich number of Anlaze it is, sorry:p

Where can I listen to Fix??? Like to hear it!:)

You post at the same time as me hehe, thanks for that site. I am not able to listen the songs now because I am at school but I will listen them soon:)

AnsuzAstral@: Nah, I have very bad numbers for my tests. I don't finnish this year and I will learning for a job next year. I like to work with animals so I will learning therefore I think.:)

I have seen the pics on the site of Menhir. Wow, that looks so cool. You have to say them that they must play in Holland. In Apeldoorn will be great!!!!!!:D

OK, this thread was bound to come back
one day >:eek:P Well, I got a tip about
this band -->

http://www.lumsk.com

I like the samples that they have on the
site A LOT! I would want more guitar, but
the music is still good! :eek:)

Now, don't tell me this band doesn't have
an interesting sound?! I would want it
heavier, but the folk-tones are brilliant :eek:)

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
ormin lange is the same song as "ormurin langi" from Tyr? "ville du høre kvædet mitt" it's a traditional norwegian song, isn't it??

It's the same title, but by far NOT the same song! :eek:)

"Ormin Lange" is an old viking ship >:eek:)

It's supposed to be huge ("lange" = long) and it is
very famous from the old days when Olav Tryggvason
was still alive :eek:)

If I'm not wrong they have only found pieces of it?
Cause it was chopped into pieces and burnt?
I'm not that good with details like this, I should've
paid more attention at school >:eek:P

Oh, you can try to stream/download from this site
instead -->
http://artists2.iuma.com/site-bin/mp3gen/59070/IUMA/Bands/Lumsk/audio/Lumsk_-_Ormin_Lange.mp3