Folk-music

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
yes, it is a cliché! we have this in mind as soon we think about french, like baguettes and cheese!:D

hehehe, baguettes and wine... on cheese I first think of the Netherlands... but of course the French cheese is IMO much better...

and talking about this, I love the evenings with wine, grapes, cheese, crackers and baguettes...

oh, i guess Nuño Gomez must be almost called Nuno Gomez
i have been wrong all that time :)

Aegis
promised, it's the last time i talk about soccer/football :)

I love Cruachan!!!!! I've got The Middle Kingdom and Tuatha Na Gael, both amazing!!!!! how's the single btw??

as for Tuatha De Danann I've got just their selftitled album and it's also a great album, didn't expect something like that when I picked it!

Another medieval folkband: Angelo Branduardi
I think it is quite nice music. Most of the songs are very good. The lyrics are Italian.:)

If you interested check out this song:)

I´ve got middle kingdom by Cruachan
and I´m probably gonna by the first and the latest: Folklore

Shane Mcgowan ex-singer of the irish folk-rockband the Pogues sings on ride on, I love "If I should fall from grace with God" by the Pogues!

also check Waylander: celtic death metal with flutes and acoustic and clean vocal parts

I´m gonna check out Primordial also... they will be at Wacken this year... I´ve heard good things

i have all the albums from cruachan and i like them! i really like the atmosphere, the celtic vibe and escpecially the gaelic lyrics! it has kind of an exotic flair to it, since there aren't hardly any celtic pagan metal bands! i first got their "the middle kingdom release" i liked the accoustic parts, but when the music get's heavy, it kinda sucks! the sound is more like nirvana the and they aren't really good musicans! but then i've heard their new release "folk-lore" and i have to say, they really enhanced their soundquality! still, the drummer sucks though!:D :p :D :p

@FatherVic : The new Tuatha de Danann cd is awesome too! It's call Tingaralatingadum .

@Ymir: That's not exactly brazilian folk music. It's more celtic stuff but is cool material. If you want see some Brazilian "Folk" - Music take a look in this bands:
Timbalada: Play some percursion stuff with Sepultura on Roots album.
And Olodum.
That's not my cup of tea but maibe ppl enjoy!:)

@Carlos: Yeah, Sepultura is VERY GOOD. I haven't the Roots album but I will check it out now. I like music with difference stiles and I haven't bands with play metal with Brazilian folk so I am curious to know what the Roots album is!:)

@Ymir: I really like the roots album, but some ppl don't like it so much! 'cause Max bring some NU-metal sound to the band. I thing you know some musics of this album: Roots, Attitude, Ratamahatta. But the album was awesome.

If you have open mind, and like Melódic stuff see also an Angra album called Holy Land, this album is full of brazilian stuff!

Maybe someone could help me on this:
What's the name of the intrument that Otyg uses that makes a sound like this: " Boin-Boin-Boin":confused:
I know it's stupid but.....

angra rulzzz :) the new album with Falaschi on vocals is amazing!!
I've seen them twice live and I hope I can see them next month again!!!

and about Sepultura, well Arise is IMHO their best work. That's incredible, one of the first ones I liked with growling vocals!!!
Desperate Cry my all time fave Sepultura song!!

en well it seems I'll have to check the new Tuatha album :)))

I love the Roots album... though I don't have it myself... yet... Especially nr. 4 (I think), don't remeber the name of that song. But it's GREAT!!! (AAah!!)

@ The Nomad: Thanks. I Really like the sound of mouth-harp.
@FatherVic: Yeah! Angra is a great band. Edu Falaschi have a great voice and Think you will enjoy the band alive. Felipe Andreoli is a great bass man and Aquiles is a Octopus. One of the best Brazilian Drumer (Igor Cavalera, Max Kolesne and Aquiles).

@ Fjelltussa : The N.4? Old Earth, Right?;)

Originally posted by FatherVic
I love Cruachan!!!!! I've got The Middle Kingdom and Tuatha Na Gael, both amazing!!!!! how's the single btw??

as for Tuatha De Danann I've got just their selftitled album and it's also a great album, didn't expect something like that when I picked it!

first of all, congrats - 1500 posts - wow!!!

The single is good, only listen to it two times by now, so I don't like to review it. 1 song "Ride On"is more folkish, not much guitar, 2. " Maeves March! is an instrumental, 3. "Sauron" ... hm I'll come back to this one... 4. "To Hell Or To Connaught"...

I actually won this signed MCD by joining a competition on the bands website. :)