Football goodies

Allan said:
_39103025_euro92_200getty.jpg
His arms look bigger than his head, proper footballer.

10 years and a day ago, Danish club OB beat Real Madrid 2-0 in Real Madrid to advance to the quarters of the Uefa Cup, RM had won 3-2 in Denmark. Young rising star Morten Bisgaard scored the winner in the final minute, today Bisgaard is a sub player at Derby. Goalkeeping legend Lars Høgh was the real hero.

Yeah, that game managed to wake me up, right there where the commentators were shouting he should've been sent off. reat goal anyway.

We have become shite, I miss Hamburg SV's early days :(

I hereby officially announce that winter breaks suck.

ah it's only 2 and a half weeks to go till the second half of the season starts.
and it begins with a game against yis, on friday innit?`Now i'm curious if Trochowski will play.
btw i reckon HSV will have a decent second half, remember Lauth is back which will do you well , and Trochowski is a well talented player.

Yeah, it's the opening game. I don't think we'll manage to defeat Bayern (would be the first away victory against them since 1878 I guess), but a draw should be well possible.

On the whole I agree with your optimistic outlook, the deal seems fishy though, why does he reject the offer first and opts for Stuttgart? I would only want to have players who are eager to join the club, this was just like he didn't have another choice but come over.

well, the whole deal was quite fishy in the end. I don#t understand for example why Bayern agreed on loaning him off to Stuttgart but instead selling him off. I mean it would be a good oprion for Munich to get a great mid back in like two years time.
For rejecting Hamburg first, well i think he saw more possibillities in Stuttgart to play, they always are eager to give young players playing time, and to be honest, Hamburg hasn't the best reputation for youth promotion. Then when the deal with Stuttgart failed, hamburg was another option for him to actually leave Bayern and to have a maybe better chance to to play. That's the only way i can imagine this whole transfer chaos

Morpheus said:
For rejecting Hamburg first, well i think he saw more possibillities in Stuttgart to play, they always are eager to give young players playing time, and to be honest, Hamburg hasn't the best reputation for youth promotion. Then when the deal with Stuttgart failed, hamburg was another option for him to actually leave Bayern and to have a maybe better chance to to play. That's the only way i can imagine this whole transfer chaos
That sounds plausible. Especially the bad youth promotion part is an image that has been (rightfully) attached to us for years. I don't know if you follow the Regionalliga, but our second team is doing well this year, which is mainly resulting from better work with young players and effective scouting. I hope our manager will reap the good stuff he sows one day before the typical HSV lethargy sets in again.

As for Munich, dunno why they sell some of their young guns without retaining an option to get them back. Santa Cruz will be the next I reckon, but he had a fair chance.