for every leaf that falls

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
hi dudes...i love that song...i just can't stop listening to it...and i have one question:

this song has more than one version? i'm asking 'cause i saw that there is an ep (i think) entitled "for every leaf..." which has this song and the same song appears in another album. any difference?

Thanks for the compliment on the song. =)

The "For Every Leaf That Falls" ep was recorded independantly by the band in 1997. That was the disc that was shopped around to labels, which resulted in the "Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers" full length cd being recorded and released on Martyr Music Group in 1999.
The three songs that appeared on the ep, "For Every Leaf That Falls", "Jealous Sun", and "Dawn Breaks", were completely re-recorded for the "Of Sculptured Ivy.." album. The versions on the ep are a bit slower, and the drums on the ep versions were done by Abbas Jaffary, whereas the drums on the "Of Sculptured Ivy..." cd is performed by Sasha Horn.
Alot of people prefer the ep versions because they have a slower, heavier sound, but personally I think the versions with Sasha Horn are far superior.
Funnily enough, we've rearranged the song "For Every Leaf that Falls" slightly when we play it live now. So technically, there's three versions of that song now! Perhaps someday we'll release the current version as well.

thanks dude...oh hell...3 versions?? i'll try at least to have the ep one!

Actually, there's 4 versions if you count the fun one.
207215-resized180.JPG

We should totally do an EP of just that song, done like 6 different ways. Seductive trip hop mix, Shoegazer mix, Hairy acoustic girl mix, etc.

thanks chupe666...i really don't know which version i have here...the length is 4:50, some female vocals, growls and that is all.