For First-timers - Opeth Explained

x_OPETH_x

Feb 12, 2003
Boston, MA
www.myspace.com
Okay....I, as well as many others, have grown weary of forum n00bs asking the same questions week after week. This thread will try to elaborate upon some of the cloudier issues that are OPETH.....

1)Opeth - (n) City of the Moon

2)The end of "By the Pain I See In Others" reversed is quite obviously a passage from "Master's Apprentices" with a slight echo.

3)Opeth is tr00 black metal - only poser metal bands dress in warpaint and kilts in order to prance about in the forest looking crazy.

4)Mikael Akerfeldt is more metal than you will ever be. (Unless you're Martin Lopez's mom)

5)Yes, Opeth do in fact have minor mistakes in their recordings. OH MY GOD!

6)Deliverance is by far their most unappreciated work (some would say undeservedly so)

7)There IS NO BEST OPETH SONG!!!!!!!!!!

8)As opposed to what everyone thinks, Opeth is not a propaganda band whose mission is to infiltrate the stinky USA with their demon-satan-lord devil rites.....

9)Listening to Aggression Core does not make you cool

well, I certainly hope I could help clear up some of those common misconceptions.

1) Wasn't it OPET, the band added the H themselves?
3) They're not black metal, tr00 or 0therwise.
6) Deliverance is not unappreciated - not by me anyway, it's my favourite Opeth record. :p

Shit thread BTW :)

there is this thing called sarcasm, and it's a tool commonly used in the english language to project humor through exaggeration. Well, it seems i've failed as a thread-starter, Opethers. What is my penalty?

x_OPETH_x said:
there is this thing called sarcasm, and it's a tool commonly used in the english language to project humor through exaggeration. Well, it seems i've failed as a thread-starter, Opethers. What is my penalty?

Next time try to post something genuinely FUNNY. Failing that, post something that hasn't been done a thousand times before.

:guh: