For people bringing 20 cds to sign to a band....

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
...I understand we all want to meet them, but some people really dont give a fuck!!! That is why lines were sooo slowww, and I realized when I got to the table and in front of me someone had the entire Discography of a band for signing. I am sorry to be like this about it, but we all have discographies, but that doesnt mean we all will get everything signed. Its disrespectful to the fest, the crowd and the band actually since they want to meet as many people as they can, but not having each one sign 20 cds or 4 cds and 6 posters. What happened to the 2-limit rule? That worked wonders in past years. Do you really need to have the whole discography signed??? Give me a break. There is a bunch of people behind you who want to see the next band and get their shit signed too before that.

hulk-eat-a-snickers_o_2499289.jpg

Do you really need to have the whole discography signed??? Give me a break. There is a bunch of people behind you who want to see the next band and get their shit signed too before that.

Totally agree... I don't give a shit about autographs, but it's nice to meet the bands. Due to people like those you described, I've only done the signing session line once (last time Seventh Wonder played a few years ago), to get something signed for a friend who couldn't make it but was a big fan (the guys were gracious enough to pose with me for a photo, though).

Even just walking past the signing session lines, I'm always amazed at the people who have --literally -- 10 or more things to be signed. Super disrespectful of everyone involved...except their own narcissistic self.

I mean, pics are cool, cause they are fast and of course you may want a picture with the band, but the other thing is just like you describe!!

I fully concur with this idea, even though I did break the two item limit by having three items for Jon Oliva to sign. (I had the Streets album, as well as a JOP album and Doctor Butcher--however, only Jon signed Streets and Doctor Butcher). But once you get into the double-digits, you're really taking advantage of the opportunity. I waited for about an hour and a half for the Seventh Wonder signing, and it's a miracle that they didn't end the signing before I got to the table.

Remember: Glenn doesn't have to set up this opportunity and the band members certainly don't have to participate. This is a way for everyone to connect to the fans, and is one of the things that makes the festival so awesome. Abusing this privilege may lead bands to not want to participate--or even for Glenn to not want to have them at all.

I'm one of those guys that likes to bring everything to get signed, however I don't overdo it in the autograph lines. This year I knew I'd have more than the 2 or 3 item limit for David Readman and Roland Grapow. Thankfully both were hanging out at the bar and chatting with fans in the hallway which made it easy.

Apparently someone did hit Roland up for a stack because while I was in the Masterplan line someone put up a sign that said 3 item limit. To which the drummer added a 5 making the sign now a 35 item limit for autographs.

As for a Seventh Wonder line taking too long, that would be because of chatty prople and photographs. They don't have a long enough discography to slow down the line.

I entered the Seventh Wonder line just about the same place I entered the Voyager line a few years back. Voyager's was a steady pace whereas Seventh Wonder was A Disneyland stand by line. People in the SW line were getting their discographies, shirts, Photos, and the kitchen sinks signed. :mad: