FOR SALE: Caparison Applehorn

I tried that and they said he apparently quit the band, isn't speaking with them, and is joining some other band :mad:

Does anyone here know him or his new band, Trials? I tried calling him but there's no answer.

Come on man, I know you are aware of the situation as your current band said so.

Applehorn seems like a mighty nice axe... Eklundh had his clinic in my hometown, which was set up by my guitar player. I got to hold it a bit and strum a few times, before a dozen more guys did the same :lol: On top of that, Mattias said he needed to take a leak and left us with his guitar. I mean, would YOU leave your guitar in the hands of a dozen people you just met and leave for the nearest toilet?! He's a brilliant guy, a rare breed nowadays I think... The audience had a really good time watching and listening to his antics :D
And that was his first Applehorn he brought here, the yellow one with graphic horned apples, which I like better than the engraved ones they make now. Here's IA wearing my band's t-shirt posing for me:
mattias.jpg

Gotta love the guy :headbang:

Yeah, seems like a sweet guitar...guess I won't know for sure though :(

FYI, still no contact from at all and his new band seemed annoyed that I was bugging them.

Wow dude, I really sympathize with you on this - I can't believe his new band wouldn't care that one of their members flat ripped someone off; I hold my friends to moral standards high enough that I wouldn't side with them if any of them pulled something like this. What'd the band say?

Well, originally I had posted on their myspace, asking them to have Remy contact me regarding the situation. Then they sent me a friend request, but no message. So a few days went by and I sent them a message:

Me:
Hi again...Was my last message able to get to Remy? I would really like to get this settled so please have him contact me here through myspace or email me at xxxx@xxx.net or xxxx@xxxx.com

It's been 2 months since I originally purchased the guitar and well over 1 month since I've heard anything from him. If he can just refund the balance ($625) then we'll be done and can move on. Thanks.

Their reply
Look, dude.

You need to stop contacting us on here. This whole situation is between you and Remy, and you obviously have other ways of contacting him besides bothering his bandmates. Yes, I told him you wrote us. Yes, he's aware of your situation. That's really all I can do for you. I don't want to be involved in this anymore, so please stop writing us here.

Mark
TRIALS

And my last reply/message:

Ok....a friendly reply would have been fine before so I know that you contacted him. Yes there are other ways of contacting him but unfortunately he doesn't seem to want to reply to my emails, ebay messages, paypal messages, ultimate metal messages, or phone calls. It's not like I have a lot of other options here and I'm not gonna just stand around and let someone get away with my money.

o_O

I can understand where that Mark fellow is coming from, but I can understand even more why you're getting pretty desperate, if he won't respond any other ways. I know dick about the American legal system in terms of whether you'd end up paying more to sue him (from legal fees and such) than you'd get back if you won, but that seems to be your only option at this point besides biting the bullet and moving on.

Maybe I'm the different one in this instance, but I would not like something like that slide at all. What he did has to be some kind of illegal, theres no way that he's covered in walking off with someones money, no way at all. I would be harassing him nonstop or possibly getting the authorities involved.

Man, that whole situation is fucked. Have you tried contacting eBay/PayPal about seeking legal action?

~006

Man, that whole situation is fucked. Have you tried contacting eBay/PayPal about seeking legal action?

~006

Yeah and as far as they're concerned, it's considered "closed" since paypal refunded me $200. But they did say they (paypal) are trying to get the rest of the funds but have no idea how long it could take.

I would call Paypal everyday and harass them until they get you your money. That's fucking bullshit man, how can they refund you $200 and consider that okay? I don't understand the logic behind that? You bought something, never received it, Paypal gives you back a quarter of the money and it's all supposed to be fine? That's gayer than AIDS.

Call a lawyer. You now have the ability to file against not only Remy but also PayPal/eBay. Not that it's all about the money...but you could sue and end up making a lot more than the $625 Remy owes you. Remy abandoning the agreement is...ILLEGAL. He sold you something on eBay, that is a legally binding contract. If he hasn't shipped the item and also has your money, thats illegal. And PayPal has Remy's information on file, they have to because they have to verify bank accounts, addresses, phone numbers, etc. There HAS to be a way for them to get ahold of him, or at least take some damn legal action. It sounds like they are dropping the ball on their end. This issue should have been resolved quickly once you notified them that you can not get ahold of the seller and he still has a bunch of your money.

~006

Actually, was it on ebay? I thought it was just a direct sale using paypal as the payment, which is unfortunate...

Even so, Paypal is supposed to offer all of this "buyer protection" crap... If it was paid for with your credit card over Paypal, I would suggest calling your credit card company and inquiring about a chargeback. Credit card purchases are very safe usually for this sort of thing as the credit card company can just transfer your money back to you....

It was via ebay and I paid via paypal using an echeck through my bank. I guess the coverage (money back) depends on what type of account the seller has. Sometimes they cover up to $2000 but other times it's only $200...which is thte situation I have.

I've contacted ebay and paypal but keep ending up with the same answers, going in circles :mad: