For The Married MoFo's (or those in serious relationships, or anyone else)

That rules. My wife is ok with hair metal, I suppose. She loves Ratt and LA Guns and the like. She's basically that anti-harsh vocal & blazing speed type. She's more into Pearl Jam and U2, though. Pretty mainstream.
My wife truly enjoys lots of Power and Prog Metal. And even better, she loves going to shows of any style. She was headbanging the entire time at Amon Amarth (and even singing along with the occasional chorus).

My Wife > All Other Women on the Planet (no disrespect to all other forum wives and GFs)

Zod

I think we all feel that way about our respective women, Zod. At least, I'd certainly hope so.

here is the opposite, she can't stand any clear vocals that go above a certain pitch, she finds it too cheesy.

mines into classic rock, hendrix, floyd, sabbath, zeppelin, danzig old blues, some punk
ok taste but nothing extreme or weird, theres a middle ground there
all you can hope for

bit of a rock house now, my lad is progressing from ac/dc, motorhead etc onto slayer
big fan of south of heaven now, thinks most nu-metal / poppy punk stuff is boring
good lad, not bad for 11

My girl actually got me into a ton of bands I never heard before, and vice versa. I think she's got like 5-10 years more metal experience then I do :)

Literally around our first date she burned me a stack of CDs, had to be at least 50, of good doom, black, and death metal :)

I usually went after girls that were into metal with some exceptions, but the vast majority of them wound up to be either psycho or just disturbed somewhat. Just happened to luck out I guess.

Common ground is the biggest thing. Luckily we both have very ecclectic tastes in music, so there is plenty of common ground. There is almost always music playing in our house and, for the most part, it is stuff we both enjoy. Then again, a good majority of the time it is kids music (The Wiggles, Laurie Berkner, etc). :lol:

That's how I picture Hell Mike at the tender age of 6.

:kickass:

Those words bring warmth and joy to me heart dear man, but at the tender age of 6 I didn't know the difference between

orup_0.jpg

and

europe_the_band_1986.jpg

Plus I had no idea heavier music existed for a few more years had passed.

hellllll no, although she did come to goregon massacre fest with me and comes to all my shows

she calls me a dork for posting on rc....not without reason i suppose

I was listening to Kiss at 6 thanks to our next door neighbor. I bought my first record (Destroyer) when I was 7 with birthday money. :headbang:

I was listening to Kiss records at 2 and got my first Kiss & Stryper tapes at 3. By 3 I was a master of the turntable, the cassette player, and the VCR :loco:

And look at me now, still a Kiss fangirl. Not so much the Stryper now :p