For The Married MoFo's (or those in serious relationships, or anyone else)

Sean was a big metalhead in high school. Now he's more into hip hop and hardcore and still loves his jazz.....And makes fun of me for being a metalhead. Though he still looks like the metalhead, whereas I do not.

And before anyone says anything rude, Sean and I aren't technically together atm.

Young Footbalm and Eric:

hahahawefw.jpg

LOL! I thought the kid with the dyed hair was a girl at first.

I'm guessing that's HellMike.

Sorry for the many posts in a row.

i never dated any chicks that were very into metal ... back in the days, the chicks I met that were into metal were scarier than the guys.

there is one chick I dated some years ago that I got into Morbid Angel to the point that she told her little sister about them and her sister turned into a DM fan after that. She even asked me to make her some mixed cd's ... and she was about 13 at the time.

but I like my metal to myself ... one place i can escape to without s/o interference.
my current s/o enjoys it somewhat. heck she saw Gwynbleidd with me when i checked them out for the first time live ... and she approved of them (although that might have been the Polish connection) :kickass:

i never dated any chicks that were very into metal ... back in the days, the chicks I met that were into metal were scarier than the guys.

there is one chick I dated some years ago that I got into Morbid Angel to the point that she told her little sister about them and her sister turned into a DM fan after that. She even asked me to make her some mixed cd's ... and she was about 13 at the time.

but I like my metal to myself ... one place i can escape to without s/o interference.
my current s/o enjoys it somewhat. heck she saw Gwynbleidd with me when i checked them out for the first time live ... and she approved of them (although that might have been the Polish connection) :kickass:

bring her to Club Europa next thursday. :) How's that for Polish connection?

europe_the_band_1986.jpg

Plus I had no idea heavier music existed for a few more years had passed.

As you know, I'm old and have zero street cred, but I cannot deny that I've listened to this about 20 times in the last week:

Wings%20of%20Tomorrow.jpg

:D

That is some fine euro old school metal right there. John Norum did that neo-classical thing so well. :kickass:

Wings of Tomorrow was BEFORE they went all Final Countdown. It's straight up heavy metal and it's surprisingly really good!

And the s/t debut album is even better. WoT was a very cool album, but contained a few songs that started to lean in the pop direction (with the metal side still winning out), but the debut was pure metal and worth the attention of anyone around here that never gave (or wanted to give) it a shot.

Listen to songs like "Seven Doors Hotel" or "Children of this Time" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

001-europe.jpg