For The Married MoFo's (or those in serious relationships, or anyone else)

And the s/t debut album is even better. WoT was a very cool album, but contained a few songs that started to lean in the pop direction (with the metal side still winning out), but the debut was pure metal and worth the attention of anyone around here that never gave (or wanted to give) it a shot.

Listen to songs like "Seven Doors Hotel" or "Children of this Time" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

001-europe.jpg

I don't mind their later arena rock stuff on TFC: Danger on the Track, Ninja, On the Loose.

But Wings of Tomorrow has stuff like: Scream of Anger! Aphasia! Wings of Tomorrow (with that catchy chorus), Wasted Time, Schenker-esque Dance the Night Away....that whole album rocks!

I also think Joey Tempest is one of my fave vocalists. :headbang:

They should just tour and play stuff only from the first 4 albums.

I don't mind their later arena rock stuff on TFC: Danger on the Track, Ninja, On the Loose.

Me neither - the majority of non-video tracks on TFC absolutely rock.

JK said:
But Wings of Tomorrow has stuff like: Scream of Anger! Aphasia! Wings of Tomorrow (with that catchy chorus), Wasted Time, Schenker-esque Dance the Night Away....that whole album rocks!

Add Stormwind to that list of kickass songs. Open Your Heart is catchy, but poppy and Treated Bad Again is kind of.... meh.

On the s/t - the only song that doesn't really mesh too well is Farewell. Other than that, it completely rocks out.

I just happen to like the debut a little better, but both are very good albums.

I agree about the first 4 album sentiment. The newer stuff has it's moments, but even those moments aren't really "metallic" rock in any way. More modernesque sounding. But definitely not horrible.

I like the re-worked version of Open your Heart on OotW. It's just cleaner, better vocals, and Kee Marcello is a demi-god on that album.

By the way, is the intro/chorus melody from "Seven Doors Hotel" the same melody from The Beyond soundtrack? Right, you've inspired me to play the debut again. Messiah can go eat dick. :loco:

I like the re-worked version of Open your Heart on OotW. It's just cleaner, better vocals, and Kee Marcello is a demi-god on that album.

Actually, so do I.

JK said:
By the way, is the intro/chorus melody from "Seven Doors Hotel" the same melody from The Beyond soundtrack?

No clue, but if so, I think I like "The Beyond" soundtrack already. :loco:

JK said:
Right, you've inspired me to play the debut again. Messiah can go eat dick. :loco:

Then it was all worth it. :kickass:

Taken from the metal-archives forum when discussing the first 2 Europe albums:

their second album, Wings of Tomorrow, is equally as metallic. On a side note, Europe have a couple OLD concert videos on their website (or HAD, I havent checked lately) from '82 and '83, respectively(I believe) in which the band at a very young age are sounding just as heavy, if not heavier, than they did on the debut. Oddly enough, they play a song from The Final Countdown, called Ninja, during one of those shows that was several years before the song ever surfaced on the third album. Anyway, the point is, the song is much heavier here obviously even though either way

Jeez, I'd LOVE to hear that version of Ninja.

Actually....just go to their website: europetheband.com and check out media player section. Some old footage there with Joey sporting a dodgy moustache.

Taken from the metal-archives forum when discussing the first 2 Europe albums

Yeah, not too many people whose first exposure to the band was TFC onward would ever realize that the debut and WoT rocked as hard as they did. The same could actually be said for the first two Def Leppard albums.

JK said:
Jeez, I'd LOVE to hear that version of Ninja.

Indeed.

Actually....just go to their website: europetheband.com and check out media player section. Some old footage there with Joey sporting a dodgy moustache.

I witnessed their first festival headlining appearance upon their return at Sweden Rock 2004. They chose "Seven Doors Hotel" as the opening track and the entire place went absolutely crazy. It was an unbelievable set and they knew exactly what the crowd wanted to hear.