For those that get "tired" as the night goes on..

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
You may want to pace yourself a bit better this year. This is the one year where you will kick yourself in the ass if you miss the entire headline performance. I've seen the setlists and you have no idea how pumped I truly am. These are once in a lifetime sets that the world will envy once they hear what you saw.

Jorn's setlist is :worship: :headbang: :kickass: o_O :OMG:

I will have to show much restraint this year because this year both headliners are the big draw for me...unlike most years when it is the lower bands. Of course, getting to hangout and have a few beverages with everyone(esp. my favorite forumer) is a huge draw, as well.:kickass: :headbang:

I can;t wait for the headliners both nights. THey are some of my current favorite bands, plus JOrn is my favorite melodic singer.

Friday night is going to kill me...one killer band after another.

Yeah...we will be switching strategy this year. Instead of bringing lunch/dinner food, we are gonna sleep through breakfast so we can stay up late.

Just love the free breakfast at the Residence inn...

From Feb 20th press release:

JORN LANDE TO REPLACE NEVERMORE AT PROGPOWER USA VII

ATLANTA – Jorn Lande, one of metal’s most renowned and prolific vocalists, has been tapped to replace Nevermore as the Saturday night headliner at ProgPower USA VII.

The singer, whose credits include Masterplan and ARK, will close the show with a unique set covering not only his solo career but songs from the various bands and projects over the course of his entire career.

“I hated to lose Nevermore, but I am ecstatic over being able to get one of the best voices in metal today,” said Promoter Glenn Harveston. “After speaking with Jorn, I am convinced that this will be a once in a lifetime set that you won’t see anywhere else in the world.”

Added Lande: “It’s an honor to play ProgPower USA this year. The festival is well known around the world for keeping progressive metal and hard rock alive. We will do our best to give you a few surprises and make it one of the most memorable sets in the history of the festival.”

From May 19th press release:

May 19 , 2006 :

ALL-STAR PERFORMANCE ANNOUNCED FOR PROGPOWER USA VII

ATLANTA – ProgPower USA promoter Glenn Harveston has confirmed that there will be a very special "all-star" performance led by vocalist Jorn Lande during his headline set at ProgPower USA this year.

Confirmed thus far to join Lande on stage are Zak Stevens (Circle II Circle, ex-Savatage), Lance King (Pyramaze), Michele Luppi (Vision Divine), Pasi Rantanen (Thunderstone), Mikkel Sandager (Mercenary), Michael Eriksen (Circus Maximus), and Mattias "IA" Eklundh (Freak Kitchen). Other participants will be announced at a later time.

Jasonic said:
I would assume that's a given, but maybe that is too obvious....

Maybe a surprise Masterplan set?

Not so obvious nor a given. The problem with Jorn is that he's doing "A life perspective." I don't think many people are going to buy 18 CD's just to be familiar with his setlist. That's the same problem that precipitated the now famous Rage Effect.

Disagree.

I attribute the Rage fiasco to the "Evergrey effect." They took all the energy and half the crowd when they announced an impromptu signing session immediately after their set (as they didn't arrive until right before the show that year).

As for the life perspective, give Jorn a bit of credit. His solo material is going to be the focus with a mix of some obvious choices and some not. He isn't going to play a song from every single cd he has been on. It's just not possible.

Harvester said:
Disagree.

I attribute the Rage fiasco to the "Evergrey effect." They took all the energy and half the crowd when they announced an impromptu signing session immediately after their set (as they didn't arrive until right before the show that year).

As for the life perspective, give Jorn a bit of credit. His solo material is going to be the focus with a mix of some obvious choices and some not. He isn't going to play a song from every single cd he has been on. It's just not possible.

Evergrey stole the crowd because the people weren't familiar enough with Rage's material to remain interested enough to overcome the M&G. That was pointed out by quite a few people who left the set, but later said they wished they'd stayed after they became more familiar with Rage. It was also commented on that the size of Rage's back catalog deterred people from doing their homework so to speak.

I give Jorn all the credit in the world as a talented singer, and I own several of the CD's in his discography. But familiarity with material makes the difference between a good set, and a jaw dropping awesome experience. I just have to wonder what would happen if Evergrey announced a M&G during Jorn's set. I'm pretty sure you've taken steps to prevent such an occurrence.

Let me say that I wasn't pleased with the M&G announcement that year. However, once he said it, that was that.

It will not happen in the future with *any* band.

That's what I'm afraid of. With the only band this year that I don't love being Freak Kitchen, I have no clue how I'm going to make it to Evergrey or Jorn's sets. Especially since this is my first Prog Power, I have no idea on how to pace myself properly. :(

Harvester said:
You may want to pace yourself a bit better this year. This is the one year where you will kick yourself in the ass if you miss the entire headline performance. I've seen the setlists and you have no idea how pumped I truly am. These are once in a lifetime sets that the world will envy once they hear what you saw.

Jorn's setlist is :worship: :headbang: :kickass: o_O :OMG:

AMEN, if it wasn't for Jorn i wouldn't have spent the $248 on two tickets. To me personally it's worth $104 a ticket to see Jorn alone!