For those that get "tired" as the night goes on..

Best nap I ever had was from Strat last year, lol.

The lineup this year is much different for me. I'm doing it Far East style: strapping food and drink to myself, and staying up front from start to finish both nights.

Well, I have every CD Jorn ever appeared on, so I am bound to be let down a LITTLE since there is so much great stuff to choose from. I am really hoping he pulls out some really obscure stuff - like something from "The Snakes." That would rule!

Stock the bar with Red Bull so we can keep the energy level high! :kickass: :headbang:

trentdk said:
Best nap I ever had was from Strat last year, lol.

The lineup this year is much different for me. I'm doing it Far East style: strapping food and drink to myself, and staying up front from start to finish both nights.
Don't forget you metal show Depends. :lol:

steelreign said:
<snip>

Stock the bar with Red Bull so we can keep the energy level high! :kickass: :headbang:

Nah, go with Monster Energy drinks... twice as much for the same $$$ and it tastes better, too! :p

I honestly don't see how someone can spend a couple hundred dollars on a show and then fall asleep during a performance when they get there. Not insulting anyone or anything, but how that can happen is just completely beyond me. Maybe I'll find out when I get there...this is, after all, my first prog power.

I've slept through a whole Slayer show once!

It was an all day festival and Slayer was headlining.. Just before Slayer went on I went all the way to the back and laid on the grass for a little bit.. When I woke up he show was over and the stadium was almost totally empty... LOL

At prog power the closest I got to sleeping was on Edguy.. Man, I was tired.. I think that was the only show I actually sat down for, I am usually right up front... After a few songs I was falling alseep... It was tough!

StewiesSexyParties said:
I honestly don't see how someone can spend a couple hundred dollars on a show and then fall asleep during a performance when they get there. Not insulting anyone or anything, but how that can happen is just completely beyond me. Maybe I'll find out when I get there...this is, after all, my first prog power.

You will be EXAUSTED by night 2. Promise.

Bad Girl Tess said:
AHAHA!! I love how everyone is admitting to falling asleep during bands. That is so cute. I may be guilty of that a few years ago too :oops: but I've definitely made up for it.

This year is going to be amazing.

I've passed out during bands sets.... oh wait... that had nothing to do with being tired:kickass: .... nevermind :heh:

Pellaz said:
But, BUT, BUT......... It's a realllly cool sort of exhaustion. :headbang:

It's true. But you do get drained, no matter HOW much money you spend. Your first progpower, there will be some point during the show you will think to yourself: "enough." .. It happens to a lot of people, be it the amount of noise, the standing, the heat, sitting through a few sets you dont care for, a few sets you REALLY like... This Festival takes a LOT of stamna, and on your first or second show, you really don't know how to manage it. It took me to the 3rd year to be able to stand and enjoy the whole thing.

nailz said:
It's true. But you do get drained, no matter HOW much money you spend. Your first progpower, there will be some point during the show you will think to yourself: "enough." .. It happens to a lot of people, be it the amount of noise, the standing, the heat, sitting through a few sets you dont care for, a few sets you REALLY like... This Festival takes a LOT of stamna, and on your first or second show, you really don't know how to manage it. It took me to the 3rd year to be able to stand and enjoy the whole thing.

Neat. I have yet to go to a ProgPower but I will say that I've built up some stamina for this kind of thing.

I waited 13 hours in line (in the cold...) camped out with friends for Dir en grey's first show in New York (and really first public show in the states). And Brooklyn Metalfest was just last month and I was there from ~2PM to 4:30AM...

Here's hoping.

Edit: I just realized that most of my "waiting for a concert" stories involve many hours sitting out in the cold. When Children of Bodom first came to the states their first show was in Buffalo, and I just happened to be living there at the time... showed up many hours too early and the show started late and I was in 30degree weather in a T-Shirt. First person on line. It was cool though because I got to chill with Alexi for a little bit and they let me warm up inside for a little while.