for those who compared opeth with metallica.

Themoor666 said:
hmm I don't care if they are gay or whatever, just after the black album thier music turned to shit. But you didn't need me to tell you that
Justice was the last good cd UNTIL St. ANGER.Thier downfall started with the Bob Rock produced 'Black', St.anger is the best thing they have put since. A new direction and sound, a change for the better IMO

St. Anger has to be the biggest marketing ploy ever.
Get this: Some washed up has-beens promise the public that they'd go back to their roots and create an album to rival that of the old days, and they completely blow it. There are slow parts in there, the fast parts are just horrible pieces of dog shit, and get this - THERE ARE NO FUCKING SOLOS IN THE ENTIRE ALBUM.

I congratulate Metallica for being able to gyp fans out of their money with nothing but lies.

But then I immediately shove them all in to Houston traffic.

How does an Opeth song take shape?

Basically I just sit around in my place playing guitar. I play the guitar every day basically. Sometimes I come up with riffs, sometimes entire arrangements or even entire songs. I try to memorize most of it because I can't write notes. I have a four track, something I can record off of, but I haven't figured out exactly how it works. I always write it down. If I have a riff that sounds like Metallica, I write Metallica riff. Then I will remember what it is. Then I try to put them together. For the last couple of albums, I went to a friend's house to record demos so that we can listen to it and correct all things. But I don't work too much with the material because I want to keep it kind of open for the other guys to come in and bring their stuff into the songs.

http://www.jensmetalpage.com/opethinterview.htm