Who Would Make A Good OpnerFor Opeth?

I definitely think a good mix of prog/avant garde bands would be awesome. just a few suggestions:
Porcupine Tree
Borknagar
Vintersorg
Daylight Dies
Isis
Katatonia
Solefald
Winds
Age of Silence
Arcturus (if they reunited)

I wish they'd bring along one of their lovely swedish prog bands, like Anekdoten or Paatos.
I don't expect them to cross the pond to US by themselves, so it would be really nice to see them live.
Anekdoten would be reasonably compatible if they focused more on their heavy King Crimson inspired material.

Otherwise, Enslaved or Gojira would be nice.

probably wouldnt happen...but ISIS.

i think Katatonia would work well too. they havent done much stateside either...so it would definitely help promote them as well...

and then you would pretty much also get bloodbath :D

I would love ISIS too but their styles are just a bit too different. Although you often find Isis fans to be Opeth fans and likewise. Plus they both make their live performance almost just like in studio.

IMO Opeth doesn't need an opener.. I just wanna go and Rock the FO with the guys for like 6 hours (or more).. just sheer Opethian Metal, because to me they are sex for my senses.. lol.

^The did opens for PT iirc, man that would be a great gig. It always hurts when I read about gigs in the states, so lucky! We get headliners every now and then, you guys get mass headlines with awesome support. The other day I was watching a clip of ISIS and Wittr opened! You can't really ask for a better gig iyam.