Who Would Make A Good OpnerFor Opeth?

I think it would be great to see Dream Theater open for Opeth, that way I would have incentive to sit through songs from Octavarium. And then Opeth would come on and fire would shoot from their instruments and stuff, and then Dream Theater would be like "Oh you guys should have headlined, I am so sorry" and then the Axe would push Mister Portnoy off of his set and his head would land between the pedal and the bass drum and then the Axe would start playing and Portnoy's head would shatter into fairy dust and then everyone would be awed and then Opeth would play a song such as: Harvest and everyone would be like YESSS!

I thought 3 was a pretty good choice for PN'08.

Agreed. They rocked the Toronto show hard. It was my first time listening to them and I thought they were very fitting...super talented band. I think they would pander to the DT crowd even more as well. Luckily Toronto got an Opeth show and not a PN gig.

Actually I would pick a band that I don't like since they would be crushed to shit with the Opeth performance coming right after them.
("Don't say Dream Theather, don't say Dream Theater, don't...")

But if I was to choose a band that could have a chance, it would definitely be Porcupine Tree or Tool.

Actually I would pick a band that I don't like since they would be crushed to shit with the Opeth performance coming right after them.
("Don't say Dream Theather, don't say Dream Theater, don't...")

That's kind of silly. What would be the point? Are we that afraid of someone upstaging our precious Opeth? Please.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and add Neurosis to this list.