whats a good album?

As far as music is concerned yes. He also plays corner/strong safety for his HS football team. We also play WoW and CoH together.

haha thats a long running opeth forum joke about the bass player
anyway id actually go with blackwater park or still life, maybe ghost reveries
the thing is, my arms your hearse is my favorite album, but id say it would be harder to appreciate just walking into opeth, or i could be wrong, either way id reccomend the other 2/3

he just plays bass

:lol:
up.gif

The reason why I found SL hard to get into is because it's a very patient album. Before Opeth I didn't really listen to long epics, and if you take The Moor for example, you do need to sit back and wait for its glory.

BWP on the other hand has its epics but they kick into gear quite early.

Funny you joined in February but didn't hear Opeth before the other day? Just a comment.

As for the question... I'd say start from the start to understand the progression of the band. Otherwise, def. BWP is most of us' fav. and to me, their masterpiece.

Watershed

The video you saw was probably of a song off Watershed. Was the video set in a gothic castle? Did it involve a guy and 2 goth chicks? Then the video was "Porcelain Heart," off the Watershed album.

Watershed is also Opeth's best album. Nothing wrong with starting with the newest record.

Funny you joined in February but didn't hear Opeth before the other day? Just a comment.

As for the question... I'd say start from the start to understand the progression of the band. Otherwise, def. BWP is most of us' fav. and to me, their masterpiece.

Actually I joined the Amon Amarth forum back then but the login is good for all these forums.

Watershed

The video you saw was probably of a song off Watershed. Was the video set in a gothic castle? Did it involve a guy and 2 goth chicks? Then the video was "Porcelain Heart," off the Watershed album.

Watershed is also Opeth's best album. Nothing wrong with starting with the newest record.

It wasn't a video. My cable service has a metal channel that just plays music.