forest metal....

Xorv

Drug the Priest
May 30, 2005
the bowels of lochness
.....come with me to the black pines. Get lost within the stalking trees. Their limbs oblique, but touching the sky. The rumbling guitar rattles the withering leaves. The crying winds hymn with the vocalist . Forest metal.

Post yur faves or teh iron man will smelt ya! :kickass:

Opeth - Morningrise :worship:
Agalloch - The Mantle
Agalloch - From which of this oak
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Woods of Ypres - Against The Seasons: Cold Winter Songs From The Dead Summer Heat

You pretty much nailed it,
but other than that.. hmm..

Agalloch - Of Stone, Wind and Pillor (I prefer this one to the demo... It's pure atmospheric awesomeness from beginning to end)
Ulver - Bergtatt (well, of course)
Moonsorrow - Verisakeet
Wolves In The Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness/Spirit The Earth Aflame
Myrkgrav - Troll, Skrømt og Kølabrenning
Galar - Skogskvad

1349:
It's not a sub-genre, it's a quick way of saying "metal that conjures a foresty atmosphere, or which posesses qualities that pertain to such or so".. come on.. it can't be that hard to comprehend :p

Agalloch's The Mantle is one of the most beautiful albums i've ever heard. Every track is simply wonderful, but the best tracks on that album are "In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" and "I Am The Wooden Doors."

It's not a genre really, just the mood you get from listening to it, for me at least.

Agalloch-Pale Folklore (had to post it because it's my favourite Agalloch album)
Darkthrone
First 2 Dimmu Borgir releases.
Enslaved
In The Woods..
Emperor-In The Nightside Eclipse

Most black metal gives me the atmosphere of the woods. I am granted such a pleasure to live where there are lots of forests. Most of the great stuff has already been posted.

Branikald's the best in this genre.

especially Rdjandalir and Triumf Voli.