forgive me for saying so?

Yeah, it seems so. I like most games in the FPS genre, but i've tried the Utk demos, and they're just not interesting to me. I'm sure i could get to like them, it's just weird.. it's the UI i'm not liking. I'm sure you understand what i mean when i talk about the difference in UT and the newer games. Maybe it's not such a big difference, maybe i was never into unreal at all, who knows. :rolleyes:

There is a definite and marked graphical style difference between U/UT and UT2k games. It's not just that the technology is better, but it's the way it is implemented. The 2k4 games have a 'chunky' look to them, they're very shiny and clean-looking, there's more and more use of animated textures (implimented into models) and the arena levels are chock full of sophisticated and detailed static meshes. On top of that, you have levels like DM-Inferno, CTF-Citadel and DOM-ScorchedEarth.

All in all, the UT2k games adopted in a none-too-subtle manner the slick and ugly half-grace of Quake 3 Arena, and UT2k3 in particular even played too disgustingly similar to that game.

I completely agree with DeepInMisery, but luckily it doesn't stop me from embracing and enjoying UT2k4, which at least feels closer to the fun-factor of UT.

SculptedCold said:
There is a definite and marked graphical style difference between U/UT and UT2k games. It's not just that the technology is better, but it's the way it is implemented. The 2k4 games have a 'chunky' look to them, they're very shiny and clean-looking, there's more and more use of animated textures (implimented into models) and the arena levels are chock full of sophisticated and detailed static meshes. On top of that, you have levels like DM-Inferno, CTF-Citadel and DOM-ScorchedEarth.

All in all, the UT2k games adopted in a none-too-subtle manner the slick and ugly half-grace of Quake 3 Arena, and UT2k3 in particular even played too disgustingly similar to that game.

I completely agree with DeepInMisery, but luckily it doesn't stop me from embracing and enjoying UT2k4, which at least feels closer to the fun-factor of UT.
thanks. those were the opinions i had, unfortunately i suck at english. :(

SculptedCold said:

Well I liked Quake 3 (and the mod Rocket Arena 3) much better than any other FPS up to and including UT2003...

I would have taken the original Quake over Quake 2... didn't look as nice, but the maps were more fun, I think.

Quake 2 was better single player, but I always went back to the original for multiplayer.

Quake 3 never did anything for me.

Onslaught and Assault are the best multiplayer modes ever invented, IMO.

I only recently played Quake 2, it's good stuff. I don't think that much of Quake, I prefere Doom. I only ever played Quake 3 offline, but I thought it was alright, not as good as UT though.

I hated Quake 3, the gun models were just AWFUL. I didn't have the internet when I got Quake I and II, so I don't know how good they were online. I never owned Unreal or Unreal Tournament, but I've played them - I much prefer UT to UT2003 gameplay wise, and I think UT2004 has done a bit to get back to a more UT style of playing, which is nice.

I love FPS games.