found some bootlegs on youtube

He could also have been actively looking to see if they were leaked in the first place, just like people were actively looking to find bootleg videos.

It's mainly not a camera issue but those pesky smart phones. It was easy to see who was filming by standing one row up in the middle near the sound board. They were glowing all over. :bah: I told one person that it was not allowed and I thought he was going to punch me...really.

Just glowing doesn't mean filming. I forgot my camera like a cool guy so I had to rely on my phone for stills. If they're lit up for like 2 minutes straight though, that's probably video.

Glenn does have a team for this, it's all of us. We all look out for it and report it.

I spent a good portion of the Sanctuary set pointing out bootleggers to Glenn, one of the crew guys, and a security guard. Also had someone get completely belligerent with me when I told him it wasn't allowed. People are f@cking ridiculous.

Glenn does have a team for this, it's all of us. We all look out for it and report it.

I spent a good portion of the Sanctuary set pointing out bootleggers to Glenn, one of the crew guys, and a security guard. Also had someone get completely belligerent with me when I told him it wasn't allowed. People are f@cking ridiculous.

While I didn't catch any bootleggers, some guys were trying to talk to this older "pretty" blond girl and were sitting on the stairs next to me during a set. I recalled that Jen had posted something about not being able to set on the steps due to that being a fire hazard so I told them they had to get off the steps.. i told them i wasn't trying to be a douche, i just didn't want them to get in trouble with the staff and they were cool with that.

Id imagine i do the same if I had actually noticed bootleggers

Just glowing doesn't mean filming. I forgot my camera like a cool guy so I had to rely on my phone for stills. If they're lit up for like 2 minutes straight though, that's probably video.
I know that, I was lazy in typing that post. I could easily see which ones were being held up for video and which were taking photos or being used for other purposes. The difference is pretty obvious.

You know what would rock? An official Prog Power DVD/Blueray, but i would bet there are a lot of legal issues and hassles to not make it worth it now that i am thinking about it.

I swear some dude was videoing Therion behind me Saturday. I went and got Terminator 2 (big security dude), but the dude denied it. If anyone sees video taking from the seats on the far left, post the link.

I swear some dude was videoing Therion behind me Saturday. I went and got Terminator 2 (big security dude), but the dude denied it. If anyone sees video taking from the seats on the far left, post the link.

I'm already on it. :)

~Jen

Holy crap there's a ton of Therion stuff on youtube

Here's one that doesn't have the progpowerusa comment yet.. and I'm a little shocked at the quality.
http://youtu.be/CbfDsZGo4DU
username: fugitiveprisoner

Something else I don't get.. when you have this clear and steady of a picture with decent audio, and either didn't think it was wrong or didn't care, why would you only capture 1:31 in the middle of a song? So stupid.

He also has an Evergrey:
http://www.youtu.be/j3vQf6wDygY

if you go to youtube type in progpower then filter videos by uploaded this week there are at least 12 videos uploaded. I like how on some videos the PPUSA youtube account tells them to take the video down, and some guy is trying to talk shit back to the progpower account being mean calling them lame as well as other names. I really hate the bitches that break the rules like jackasses

Thanks y'all.

FYI - a formal complaint was filed with YouTube on Tuesday.

~Jen

Thanks y'all.

FYI - a formal complaint was filed with YouTube on Tuesday.

~Jen

Jen and I were backstage when some chick uploaded a Sanctuary video onto Facebook and TAGGED ProgPower in the post!! Open your eyes and read the HUGE sign at the entrance! ;)

Same person that bitched about the check-in contest on Facebook was unfair because "her phone didn't have the capability to check in!" Seriously? What a nimrod! :loco:

I know that this is a headache to deal with every year, I actually almost hate logging on the forum each year after the vest cause I know there will be another discussion about the bootlegging. And I know that now with smartphones it is almost impossible to end it, but just wondering, wouldnt there be some way to work with youtube to find out if the email accounts attached to these vids match any attached to this forum and then just end it that way, or maybe attached to ticketmaster purchases? I know you would have to be an idiot to use the some email, but there are some stupid people out there.

I just do not want this to annoy Glenn so much that the last year is moved closer because of it. In all honesty I would hate to see it go, Glenn and Jen have done such a great job the last few years. The over all experience has been better than ever. Glenn seems have a taken a more progressive stance on many of the issues that use to divide the fans, and the Fest seems stronger than ever.

Btw, we've decided to additionally post Spanish versions of the video recording policy at the venue in the future.

(However, one would think the HUGE 4' x 4' professional sign on an easel at the entrance with pictures of a red X through a video camera would have been pretty self-explanatory. [Btw, this was the venue/Lucid Lounge's sign] But hey, we're all about covering all of our bases).

Also, we maxed out our budget on security this year. And given the option of choosing between having security keep a mosh pit under control, keeping folks off stairways, OR keeping an eye out for folks recording, we're certainly not going to go with the latter.

~Jen