Fredrick Nordstorm appreciation thread.............

How the hell is this "technically spam"? Is he telling everyone to buy the latest Fredrick Nordstrom products, or listen to his new album? He is just pointing out that the man is a genius when it comes to producing metal albums... which is true. Cheers to Fredrick!

O yea he must be reality talented to compose and perform such wonderfull masterpieces...wait HE DIDNT. Any idiot that knows how to operate studio equipment ( anyone can learn that...literally ) and goes starpicking bands is considered a great producer nowdays. Producers are fucking tools unless they interfeer with the band and change the music with their "advice" in wich case they are frustrated assholes that cant get a band themselves.

@dredd_hedd: it is also true that my legs are very hairy. however, if i posted a thread about it here this would be spam. even though i don't tell ppl to buy parts of my body. and yes, this thread is technically spam, so let's hope someone's got something interesting to write about it.

@misanthrope: now i really feel motivated to become a producer. :hotjump: :p

rahvin. (never wanted to. just needs to go to the hospital. seriously)

well i think producers gan do a great job by enrichen the sound of the album. listen to metallica - ...and justice for all for an instance and feel the shitty production. listen to metallica - master of puppets and enjoy the sound. some say that's the tr00 sound (like recording a black metal band with a vacuum cleaner running at the same time, then record the output from the computer via a cassette recorder, copy the casette a thousand times and finally put it in the oven at 250° for half an hour. well that's tr00, isn't it?). i just hate listening to cds with crappy sound, no matter who they are and what they play. it just adds to the overall score, as does good artwork or good lyrics. and yes, people like peter tätgren surely know how to produce bands like few else. take immortals latest and compare the sound. it's not tr00 norwegian black metal sound any more, but, finally, it's good sound and i enjoy to hear it.
and by the way, rahvin, get well soon. maybe it's an alcohol intoxication? :)

Originally posted by VultureCulture
like recording a black metal band with a vacuum cleaner running at the same time, then record the output from the computer via a cassette recorder, copy the casette a thousand times and finally put it in the oven at 250° for half an hour. well that's tr00, isn't it?).

Dunno about tr00, but it'd surely be crappy sound after that treatment. :lol:

Originally posted by dredd_hedd
How the hell is this "technically spam"? Is he telling everyone to buy the latest Fredrick Nordstrom products, or listen to his new album? He is just pointing out that the man is a genius when it comes to producing metal albums... which is true. Cheers to Fredrick!

well We need get one thing clear.......

producer = the person who makes the song sound what it sounds like musically, not technically...........DT can produce the whole album and may sound different.............ex. Limp Biscuit can have a good technically sounding album, dosen't mean its produced good. Quality minds if u know what I mean...........

A movie can have tons of special effects...........but a producer like the dude in Sixth sense can make it a master piece.............

and my point is not to spam, what ever u call it.........I just wanted to say fred thank you, and as a board member I have every right to do.............

I'd say Fredman is just a great studio, way better than Abyss (yuk!), a lot of productions are getting more digital-sounding and less natural-sounding nowadays, also Fredman seems to get infected by that a bit lately (latest Dimmu Borgir & latest Arch Enemy sound too digital and triggered imo), but then Damage Done sounds great again, the way I like Fredman productions to sound.

Great studio!