Friday-Maiden shirt day!

Pabla

The Devil Wears Maiden
Apr 18, 2004
LA
OK-A bit on the silly side, I know, but I thought it would be cool if those of us who love Iron Maiden could wear our Maiden gear on Friday. What do you say? I know there are a lot of you out there who own at least a Maiden shirt of two... JDubja...looking at ya, Kittybeast, Mloanna! Where are my Maiden people?

We are blood brothers (and sisters) :headbang:

I'm carrying my Maiden long sleeve, why not? :D Gather the people (outside the venue) and I can take a good group pic.

Heh, this sounds cool... I have a rare shirt from July 2000 from when Iron Maiden played Madison Square Garden in New York, which was only sold at that one show. I think that was the only gig-specific shirt on at least the north american leg of that tour. I've never actually worn the shirt, because it always seemed like a waste to wear a rare collector's item just to go to the mall or something, lol. But maybe this would be the perfect occasion to finally break it out, heh. However, won't a lot of the ladies be wearing corsets on Friday night!? :)

Heh, this sounds cool... I have a rare shirt from July 2000 from when Iron Maiden played Madison Square Garden in New York, which was only sold at that one show. I think that was the only gig-specific shirt on at least the north american leg of that tour. I've never actually worn the shirt, because it always seemed like a waste to wear a rare collector's item just to go to the mall or something, lol. But maybe this would be the perfect occasion to finally break it out, heh. However, won't a lot of the ladies be wearing corsets on Friday night!? :)

That's the spirit! Oh, yes, I forgot about corset day... those girls will look gorgeous! But this girl cannot stand to wear one of those things... I'll be wearing a Maiden halter :headbang:

Heh, I have a Maiden shirt from last year's gig at the forum in LA with Eddie on Hollywood Blvd. giving the finger... the shirt has pink in it...very LA 80's style! :lol: It's a guys shirt and a lot of the guys felt kinda funny about there being some pink... but it is such a cool shirt! I forgot I had that... one of these days am gonna make it into a dress so I can actually wear it :lol:

I'm in! I really wish I still had my Chicago Mutants shirt from Chicago Fest. I think by now it would probably be a belly shirt.... I'll go with my AMOLAD shirt...I think it's the only one that fits! :lol:

And instead of "Maiden Night" shirts, why don't we do something more fun? Maiden shirts are actually too common, too boring, everyone wears them at metal shows. How about a night where nobody wears a metal shirt, or shirts of bands that are absolutely NOT metal?

Idk, it's more fun than "Maiden shirt" day.

It's like Glenn wearing a Maiden shirt. Just not as cool as the Hawaiian, or that hippie-looking white outfit of last year's Wed. Night show. :lol::lol:

Speaking of that, Glenn, where did that come from?

I agree with Milton and Joan - Friday night is corset night, and I'm sick of wearing my Maiden shirts. I like Milton's idea of wearing non-metal shirts! :lol: We've all seen a million Maiden shirts at metal shows, so something else would be a more fun to indulge in. Perhaps we could just have a "color" day where we wear a shirt that isn't black! :loco: Or a different idea for a "color" day is we pick a certain color and just try to work it in somehow. Say, "Red Saturday" and see how creative people can get with adding red into their outfit. THAT would be fun, and interesting.

Speaking of that, Glenn, where did that come from?

Back in the early days, I was a one-man crew away from the stage. If you wanted something done, you had to find me. In a sea of black t-shirts, I needed something to stand out from the crowd. The Parrothead wardrobe was the easy answer.

Necessity became tradition.

I still want to wear my Maiden shirt on Friday :) Of course everyone can wear what they like... just a suggestion.

Or we could just have all sorts of diff Friday top day: the corsets clan, the maiden clan, the non-metal clan, the pop clan, the hippie clan, the Hawaiian clan, the everything but black clan and so on ad so forth :lol:

I agree with Milton and Joan - Friday night is corset night, and I'm sick of wearing my Maiden shirts. I like Milton's idea of wearing non-metal shirts! :lol: We've all seen a million Maiden shirts at metal shows, so something else would be a more fun to indulge in. Perhaps we could just have a "color" day where we wear a shirt that isn't black! :loco: Or a different idea for a "color" day is we pick a certain color and just try to work it in somehow. Say, "Red Saturday" and see how creative people can get with adding red into their outfit. THAT would be fun, and interesting.

I like the idea of the same color. In the same vein of the Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes, I think we should organize where everyone wears a WHITE shirt on Thursday or Saturday