Friend Chicken

I also tried the real-deal a few years ago, at this party in the 'country'.
It was GROSS. I took the smallest piece I could get, ate a few bites and felt the oil in my stomach the whole day. Nasty.

The best fried chicken you can make is 'deep fried' like you'd make on Thanksgiving with turkey.
That is AMAZING. I bought the special pot 3 years ago, and every year make deep fried turkey / chicken, and last year I made deep fried duck!! sooooo juicy!
...and because it's deep fried in such high temperature- there is barely any oil soaked into the meat... you get the best juicy bird ever, with minimal grease. Fuck yeah.

So, you mean a WHOLE chicken deep fried. All fried chicken you get from fast food restaurants is deep fried, but not as a whole chicken.

Personally, I make a mean oven-fried chicken. You start with bits of chicken and you bread them in bisquick (real or home-made) with oodles of garlic powder and whatever else strikes your fancy. Then you fry in oil until they're a lovely shade of light golden brown, and then lay out on a broiler pan to finish cooking in the oven at 375, turning half way through. It's godlike. Now commercial fried chicken? There's enough fat in that to make me queasy. And, well, to be honest, it takes a LOT of fat to make me queasy. Though in all fairness, I hear that Ezell's is really good -- way better than the Colonels.

I just have to say, Carrie's chicken is the best!! Of course, everything she cooks is incredibly awesome!! She has never made a bad meal, for me...Well, except that one time, when she made me eat a Tofu burger (YECH!!).

<3 tofu

I tried making a sandwich from a slice of tofu one day, with BBQ sauce. It didn't turn out so well... but it was only my first attempt. Grilling it with the sauce made it sticky on the outside and it was soggy in the middle. I can cook small pieces perfectly so I need to perfect this somehow.

This place supposedly makes a good tofu sandwich JUST LOOK AT THIS MENU

http://www.spiraldiner.com/menu/documents/WEB_FWmenu.pdf

I have to eat there sometime.

The very idea of fast-food style fried chicken makes me queasy. Like Lynn said, it's like drinking a quart of motor oil. I can't grasp how you people can eat that greasy, gooey shit and prefer it to a nice pan-baked piece of chicken fillet with Provence sauce.

Derek's right. Fucking barbarians.

I just had three pieces of Long John Silver's fried chicken. It's absolutely the worst chicken in the world, but it's better than the fish :erk: