Friends ?

miranda B

Aug 21, 2002
holland
Visit site
hi

i`m very interrested in what all off you think what a friend is,i mean
do you consider people who you meet in a bar and have a few drinks with ones in a while friends.
and what do you consider real friends.
i think a real friend should be there for you when you need them.or is this to much to exspect.
so what do you people think??????

I guess there's a difference, you have friends and 'just nice people'... but even then, you can go with problems to the nice people, because it may be better (depends what the problem is, pe if there are probs with your girlfriend/boyfriend , and your mate(s) is (are) too much involved...

It's up to you who you want to call a friend ;)

Originally posted by miranda B
hi

i`m very interrested in what all off you think what a friend is,i mean
do you consider people who you meet in a bar and have a few drinks with ones in a while friends.
and what do you consider real friends.
i think a real friend should be there for you when you need them.or is this to much to exspect.
so what do you people think??????

Friends are basically people that are there for you, no matter what. But I don't think that lots of people really have friends, though they all claim they have many, or at least three or whatever.
You can only recognise a friends when you're really down and there doesn't seem to be a way out - people that are there for you in that moment and who are altruistic enough to think about you in first place, those are real friends.
But it makes me sick when I see what's happening around. Lots and lots of people are egoistic assholes. I know five people that tried to commit suicide and were left alone in their predicament, and this makes me really aggressive. How can anyone say: 'Well, I have to go to my girlfriend now, she's getting a flu', when someone is cutting his arm to die???
So real friends are very, very rare...

That's why i said mate(s)!!!

I just have one REAL pal! And don't think I have any social problem now... Lots of friends, but ONE real one!

Good lines Neph!

There are many kinds of friends.... Most of them are there so you can have fun with (go out, talk, do all sorts of things, etc.). The thing is that when shit comes, very few of them are there. I don't think anyone can say that he/she can have more than 4-5 people that they completely trust, that they know are gonna be there no matter what.... I mean yeah, I hang around with lots of people but only 2-3 of them I really depend on. There's nothing wrong with knowing that people you deal with won't help you, you can't expect everything from everyone. The problem is when people you thought would stick around in sour times are no longer there. True friendship is a very difficult thing to be achieved. Stick to the ones you know best and don't be miscarried by words and promises, especially you lovely females.....

the worst thing is when someone thinks you're his best friend whereas you don't really care about him.

of course i regret some things i did, but i did it because i thought it was the best thing at that time. betraying is doing something bad on purpose knowing it's bad. and i never ever did that to myself.

Well you can betray yourself without doing it on purpose... It's just that certain circumstances that can make you do that against your will/knowledge... It is still betrayal though... That's why I said that you cannot always count on yourself... It has nothing to do with intention...

Take care :)