Neo-classical Prog.metal Album

ADI 29/8

Rishon Le Zion
Aug 18, 2004
what do you think are the 'must-be-in' parts, of a neo classical prog. metal band to have on their 1st album? (or a concert )

what would you exspect to hear, and would be fun listen to?

Constant double bass, screeching vocals, a 32nd note unison in 7/8, a solo duel section that lasts 3 minutes, constant double bass, lyrics about dragons, and lots of double bass.

Oh, and you need double bass drumming. And unisons. 5 of them. All to double bass drumming. Don't forget to add a unison, btw.

Neoclassical prog is really lame unless you do something new with it. Thats why bands like Adagio, Time Requiem bore le crap out of me.....i'd like to hear a neoclassical prog band not use the harmonic minor scale and play in 4/4.

how about insted of playing the traditional solo sections, strat a Salsa -a-la-michel- camilo-section?

Taliwakker said:
Neoclassical prog is really lame unless you do something new with it. Thats why bands like Adagio, Time Requiem bore le crap out of me.....i'd like to hear a neoclassical prog band not use the harmonic minor scale and play in 4/4.

I get bored of the typical neoclassical prog now. After SyX, it seems every prog band is doing the same thing and copying them. For me the idea of being 'Prog' is doing something unique, unheard of. Which means continually setting new standards and exploring new terrain.

For Neoclassical Prog though.. I think Adagio sums it up as completely as it can get really.

you should have long hair(the 80's whig style of course,i can advice for the shampoo later if u want lol),and pretty good poses on stage....you should know where are the cameras before u start to play and rehearse your /m\ smiles!and nice shirts with lace,very important ;-p needless to mention cowboy shoes made of snakes skin...yeahh!

in the playing....u should do an adaptation of Mozart/Paganini/Bach/Vivaldi or MALMSTEEN!then it is simple ,shredding ,shredding,shredding even during chorus!!

seriously,the recipe is well known by evrybody,you only have the power to add some originality.Remember there are many bands in this direction.And evrything seems to have been done,unfortunately.Though it is great to be able to play what you like!!

btw: TIME REQUIEM RULES ;-ppppppp

you must end every verse/chorus/any part with lyrics with FOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:cool: but say it like 'faugh reel'

What's that? The solos don't sound a thing like Yngwie? What the hell are you thinking?! Go listen to Odyssey and Trilogy 658768 times, then we'll talk.

Then, when asked in interviews who your influences are - NEVER mention Yngwie. Ever.