Friends ?

eh?? betray does'nt mean to do bad things on purpose. It means to abuse a position of trust or confidence.

to quote kim philby (i think) : "In order to betray one must first belong"

Originally posted by moody
the worst thing is when someone thinks you're his best friend whereas you don't really care about him.

This can indeed be very disturbing. Imagine a situation where something bad happens and that person expects "true" friendship from you, but you of course feel that you don't really know him/her. You might even be accused as a horrible person for not being there, when the whole situation is a big misunderstanding for which you (the "accused") could do nothing about!!! We must be very careful in our relationships and clear things up quickly!

But even if you don't know this person that well, shouldn't one be there for him/her? If s/he's really in a very bad situation, then you can't say: 'Leave me alone'. Don't look away or turn your back when a person feels really bad.
If people started to care about each other and be interested in the other person, then this planet would be a bit different... I simply HATE it when people behave like that. It simply shows somebody: 'Okay, you're not worth it, at least for me'. Respect each other, that's the first step.

Originally posted by moody
so we disagree on the meaning of 'to betray' then.
no mehd its just that some people arent as in tune with themselves as you are, and as a concequence, accidents can happen

I respect all but not me or you or anyone can be there for everyone that might have a proble especially when you don't feel vey close to him/her, which is what I was talking about above. Don't get me wrong. I really care about many people that are close to me. But I can't have feelings for people that I don't know well exactly because I don't know them well. Let's say I see someone crying. I'll talk to him/her but I can't "feel" them. Hope you get me point neph.

oops, no, I didn't mean you personally, Sol, don't get me wrong:) But sometimes it's easier for people to talk to persons that are NOT emotionally involved as much as persons close to them. They don't know the persons involved. They can tell you what they think and be there for you in that moment. If you talk to close friends, this might cause probs in case they know persons involved. You knwo what I mean? This is exactly what someone in this forum said.
And besides that, there are so many people who don't have close friends, and sometimes are so desperate that they turn to persons they're not really familiar with. That's the case I basically meant. And I really know lots of people who basically are alone, really alone. And this makes me angry.

I'm happy to say that I have six to seven close friends I can truly trust and talk to, though it's not always that simple. I sometimes keep a lot of things to myself so I won't stir up any shit, cause confusion etc... But when I need to talk, there's always someone.

And someone said it's sometimes easier/better to talk to a person not so close to you. That's totally true, you get objective point of view and I, myself, don't always want to keep talkin about some things over and over again with same people, 'cause there are some issues that pop up every once in a while.

yes and when talkin to a stranger, about eg some delicate 'secrets' you're having :rolleyes: or telling something you're shamed afterwards etc, you don't have to face this person anymore..eh. :D

Originally posted by Bambi
eh?? betray does'nt mean to do bad things on purpose. It means to abuse a position of trust or confidence.

and from that situation, do bad stuff on purpose.

Originally posted by pagan2002
no mehd its just that some people arent as in tune with themselves as you are, and as a concequence, accidents can happen

yeah that's what i was saying. you have to be kinda unbalanced to allow yourself to betray you, to abuse of your own trust to make bad things to yourself :confused:

i saw that happen to a couple of people around me and they were kinda...err...sick yeah.

Originally posted by neph
But even if you don't know this person that well, shouldn't one be there for him/her? If s/he's really in a very bad situation, then you can't say: 'Leave me alone'. Don't look away or turn your back when a person feels really bad.
If people started to care about each other and be interested in the other person, then this planet would be a bit different... I simply HATE it when people behave like that. It simply shows somebody: 'Okay, you're not worth it, at least for me'. Respect each other, that's the first step.

of course it's not right to let down something who feels bad etc, but actually it's not even about when that person feels bad etc, it's daily deal. that person expect loads of 'affection signs' whereas you can't fake, and then that person gives you abuse because you're honest and don't fake feelings? fuck off. now that's a lack of respect from this person. :mad: