Frightening Music

chemicalburn

Banned in 40 Countries!
Jul 23, 2003
New York
www.horseballs.com
Every once in a while a song will unsettle me and sometimes really creap me out. Does this ever happen to anyone else? If so, give examples.

For me stuff like Sunn 0))), Khanate, Blut Aus Nord, and even GGFH are the worst.

logo_phpBB.gif

In all seriousness, no music really scares me, but Leviathan does have a creppy fell to it, especially the songs on The Tenth Sublevel...

Not metal, but Lustmord's The Place Where the Black Stars Hang is frightening to listen to in the early hours of the morning. Maybe Disembowelment and rehtaF ruO as well.

Oh, and Procession of the Dead Clowns almost paralzyed me when I first heard it.

perhaps, the LLN ambient stuff.

I like The Place Where the Black Stars Hang a lot. deep space dark ambient, relaxing, i find. The Monstrous Soul is also excellent, if quite different.

Demiurge said:
perhaps, the LLN ambient stuff.

I like The Place Where the Black Stars Hang a lot. deep space dark ambient, relaxing, i find. The Monstrous Soul is also excellent, if quite different.
Indeed. I find it relaxing, but at times haunting, frightening. I highly recommend the dark ambient act Troum. In particular their albums Mort Aux Vaches and Sigqan.