Frightening Music

Procession of the Dead Clowns is certainly an incredible track.

I always found Beherit - "Drawing Down the Moon" and Rev. Kriss Hades - "The Winds of Orion" to be the most terrifying music on earth.

les legions noires or the french black legions. on the metal end of the spectrum, bands such as belketre, mutiilation, vlad tepes, torgeist, etc. members from these groups are also involved in many ambient projects.

The most frightened I've ever been by a song was when I was in my dad's car a few years ago and the tape was somehow reversed, so that dance track "out of my way I'm runnin'!!!" was playing backwards. It's terrifying, I can't describe it really. It was even more terrifying because we didn't know the tape had been twisted so we had no idea how this scary song had suddenly appeared.

Sure, when something is played backwards it turns out to be really freaked out and it has a sense of paranormal (cause musical "rules" are not followed in that case).

Nightfall - Macabre Sunsets has a creepy and dark atmosphere.

I'm not sure what you all mean by scaring and frightening though cause I listened to the Blut Aus Nord - Procession of the Dead Clowns and it didn't actually scare one bit of me...it was nice though with a nice dark atmosphere...so I don't know how Nightfall will work to you..

Battlefield Orphans by Abigor is pretty scary, especially the sudden, echoing growls at the beginning.

The Procession of the Dead Clowns is not really that frightening, The Supreme Abstract, with it's hellish layered vocals on the other hand ...

BTW, can someone help me out with the tracklist, I can only make out about a quarter of the songs on the back due to poor choice of letter color for the back. A lot of it blends in with the background.

Edgecrusher said:
BTW, can someone help me out with the tracklist, I can only make out about a quarter of the songs on the back due to poor choice of letter color for the back. A lot of it blends in with the background.

Haha, do you have the Candlelight edition too? It has the worst layout for a CD I've seen in a while.

1. End - 01:50
2. The Choir of the Dead - 06:42
3. Axis - 03:36
4. The Fall - 01:31
5. Metamorphosis - 05:22
6. The Supreme Abstract - 02:59
7. Our Blessed Frozen Cells - 07:55
8. Devilish Essence - 02:06
9. The Howling of God - 06:19
10. Inner Metal Cage - 02:57
11. Density - 00:18
12. Procession of the Dead Clowns - 09:55

Total playing time: 51:30

There.

I never meant I found Procession... frightening. Perhaps shocked by what I had found - because is was so fucking good, and I'd never heard anyone raving about the band before. The state of paralysis came through this and mainly just me being completely caught off guard. I've actually grown pretty tired of TWWTG because I've listened to it far too much. I prefer the first two Blut Aus Nord albums.