From Monument to Masses

LuminousAether

My name is Distance
Dec 22, 2001
Columbus, Ohio
www.hypnos.clan.st
It seems like a lot of people here like post rock (Sigur Ros, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Slint, Rodan, Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, that sort of thing) so I figured this band would probably get a good reception here. I haven't been this impressed by a post rock album since I heard Aereogramme's Sleep and Release (yes, I have not been impressed by Sigur Ros since Agaetis Byrjun and GY!BE since Slow Riot for a New Zero Kanada). It takes a more emo style of twinkling guitars and mixes it with the slow building rock + samples style of GY!BE around SRfaNZK in a very interesting way. There are some vocals, but not many, and they are performed in a very ugly yelling style similar to Neurosis, but not nearly as ugly. The samples seem to be a lot more mainstream, such as quoting Bush about 9/11. I haven't figured out the message yet, but it seems to be fairly typical anti-capitalism and government, but I could be wrong.

"Do you ever get the feeling that everything in America is completely fucked up? You know that feeling, that the whole country is like one inch away from saying "that's it, forget it!"? When you think about it, everything's polluted. The environment, the government, the schools... you name it. You out there? You listening?"

LuminousAether said:
"Do you ever get the feeling that everything in America is completely fucked up? You know that feeling, that the whole country is like one inch away from saying "that's it, forget it!"? When you think about it, everything's polluted. The environment, the government, the schools... you name it. You out there? You listening?"
That's a quote from the 1990 Christian Slater movie Pump Up the Volume, which is actually pretty good. I suggest checking it out. You can probably find the DVD for around $6 at Wal-Mart or Best Buy.