Does anyone else here have depression?

this thread has helped me very much. talking to others with deppression has helped me more than i could have thought even though i try very hard not to i am very self centred when i am deppressed this is caused by the deppresion and not vice versa as some may think. while reading this i found myself feeling truly for all of you despite the fact i dont know you. you are all immpresive people and braver than i tenfold.

in my case i belive i always have deppression whether it troubles me at the moment or not is a diffrent story. having a severe bout of deppression is usually triggered by an event the latest being an event uncannily like the one between dr. Seward and lucy in the book "dracula".

i find all sentenced good to listen too and of course amon amarth being my favorite band.. otherwise something fast and/or generaly distracting.

ante said:
I´m not sure why I post this here but me and mum has been taking care of dad who has cancer last week because he has been really sick, he can´t barely breath and stand on his own legs, we have hoped that it was the side effects of the medicine but today the doctors said that it was the cancer and there is nothing more they can do about it so they are going to stop the treatment and maybe he will live another couple of months, I haven´t really beileived it yet and the depression hasn´t come too me yet, but I´m sure it will, eventhough for now I`m just really down and sad and not quite sure what to do
My mother died because of a brain tumor 6 and a half years ago.. She was operated once, then lived quite normally for one year.. then the tumor came back, or what had remained began growing faster again. One day my father told me that she had to go to the hospital and that there was nothing the doctors could do. When she died, I was almost 14.
I really hope you get over it and deal with it in a different way than I. Take care, my thoughts will be with you.

Profånity said:
I feel depressed that Jennifer Aniston isn't my girlfriend :lol:

Now you know how stupid Depression is, just pure selfishness.
Wrong

Depression is a defect in the chemical balance of the brain and neurosystem. Some diseases can cause this imbalance, or some events can be so traumatising that an imbalance is caused. Being introverted or thoughtful by character can be a disposition for depression.
I dont know about any other country, but in Germany, the health insurrences cover the costs of the treatment in case you're diagnosed with depression.
Ive never heard of insurrence paying for a cure to selfishness...

I know you're mentally handicapped Profanity, so I'll put this as simple as it gets:

Your ignorant and stupid comments in this thread are insulting and totally unacceptable

So either
1. Believe what I said about depression
or
2. Go and ask a doctor about depression

Oh by the way, I work in a mental facility and I deal with patients suffering from depression, personality disorders and fear/panic disorders every day.

Life Sucks said:
I figured there must be others, especially since this is after all a metal board. It really sucks feeling miserable all the time. What do you do to try to fight it? What do you like to listen to when feeling particularly down to make you feel a little better?
Prehaps you should look at what is making you miserable and do some changes in your life, for starts you have a negative user name, get out more and do more of what you enjoy, and then get some cheerful friends to make you feel better, i have my off days but far and few between,
the more you laugh, the more you laugh, thats true :wave: hope you feel better soon ;)

Northern Viking said:
My mother died because of a brain tumor 6 and a half years ago.. She was operated once, then lived quite normally for one year.. then the tumor came back, or what had remained began growing faster again. One day my father told me that she had to go to the hospital and that there was nothing the doctors could do. When she died, I was almost 14.
I really hope you get over it and deal with it in a different way than I. Take care, my thoughts will be with you.
:cry: Northen, I´m terribly sorry :cry:
did you talked too someone when that happend, I mean someone outside the family? I feel the urge to talk, I only have one friend that I really feel comfortable with conversations like this,he has been thru alot too and we talked for 3 hours lastnight and after that I felt more calm and relaxed...but it´s not easy to talk about things like this to anyone...
me and mum are ofcourse talking but it´s like on a different level...
but thank you, I really feel the support :cry:

@all *hugs*

*hugs ante* We're all here for you if you need us. :)

I've been depressed a lot over the past few months for no good reason. I really can't think of anything that's getting me down except being sick so much lately. I want to go out and do things, but it's hard, all I feel like doing is moping around. There's days when it feels good to get away from everyone and wallow in my own misery, but I've been putting off dates with friends, avoiding phone calls, and being late for everything I do. Usually I snap out of it after a while, but I keep slipping back in.

Yeah. I have been told that I have had depression since I was little! I NEVER - NEVER saw it. I THOUGHT I was most always happy, I loved :p :dopey: my child hood!! Guess not according to the people around me. :confused: I can really feel it though with in the last 3-4 years. Like right now, I feel it, a heavy lump in my chest. Fell like crying for really no reason. Sounds REALLY dumb I know & I feel realy dumb about it too. Sometimes it lastes 2 minutes & other times hours!! But normally talking to my mom makes me feel MUCH better (not about that though! :oops: ) & listening to some of that good 'ol 70's-80's metal n' rock that I like so much, makes me fell MUCH MUCH better as well. (DIO!!! :headbang: is a BIG one!)

Just remember there's almost allways people on this board to chat too! :loco:

~Best wishes too you~
;)
HMTiger_.jpg

I have had depression for a very long time since I was a child. Just in the last year an a half I have gotten help. I don't understand it most of the time. It sucks quite a bit.
Ante and NV Hugs to you both. Death is not an easy for anyone to go through.
When it's a parent it makes you look at your own mortality. When your young you think
they will always be there. Then one day they are not.
Keep your head up and talk. Getting things aired seems to work.
Like Over Broen said these threads help.

thanx all *hugs* it really helps to post here, just to get it out...
well he died today, I was in the room when he died, mum went out for lunch as she had been with him all night, but atleast he doesnt have to suffer anymore and I´m just grateful I had the oppurtinity to spend my 29 years with him

Reactions: Lolita Vampiriá
Sorry about your loss. But he is not suffering anymore. So be relieved. Least you were there when he past over. He will be there with you always. Sounds like you have the right idea.

Hugs again.

ante, you have my deepest condolences :cry: I'm very sorry...it's difficult to find the correct words in such difficult times, but at least your dad is not suffering anymore... Take care of yourself and of your mum...
*hugs*

ante said:
thanx all *hugs* it really helps to post here, just to get it out...
well he died today, I was in the room when he died, mum went out for lunch as she had been with him all night, but atleast he doesnt have to suffer anymore and I´m just grateful I had the oppurtinity to spend my 29 years with him
My internet died while I was chatting with you, and when I came back you were gone. Anyways, I said mostly what I want to say... just now that you and your family are in my thoughts. *big hugs*

.... depresion its a constan feeling for me. I've been really lonely since i was born, no brothers, i can't trust my friends, and my parents... well.

I try to laugh as much as i can, really hard... i try to look like a mad man everytime, at least i forget for a second how miserable life is.

For every laugh, there is a hundred tears.