Does anyone else here have depression?

I've read it and I know what they're saying. You have to have a nihilistic vision of the world and any band that gets any commercial success are sell outs. If you dont agree with us, you're wrong. I remember on one part on the site it is written that Cannibal Corpse, Tool and Pantera are sell outs because they use their death metal image to sell. What the fuck is that? Tool and Pantera aren't death metal at all and they dont have a "death metal image" :rolleyes:.

That statement proves that that site is bullshit. That statement is like saying that Chinese people are cool cause they are white. Tool isn't even miles and miles close to death metal and its image. Even though Pantera can get pretty heavu almost as much as some death metal, still they are clearly not death metal.

Bringing this one up again.. I think some good points have been made here and Id like to bring the discussion back to life :)

I won't add my opinion to the thread, but I might make mention of some tracks I listen to when I feel less than OK.

My Dying Bride - For My Fallen Angel
Anathema - All of it, especially Hope, Regret, A Dying Wish and Restless Oblivion.
Brighter Death Now - Necrose Evangelium and Soul In Flames
Desiderii Marginis - Deadbeat album
Letum - The Entrance To Salvation album
Limbonic Art - In Mourning Mystique (great track)
Raison D'etre - All of it, especially The Slow Ascent, The Hidden Hollows, Spiraal, The Well Of Sadness and all of the Within The Depths Of Silence and Phormations album
This Mortal Coil - All, especially Ivy and Neet

Hope anyone finds something useful in there.

Isn't it funny that resigning yourself to a higher power is considered the ultimate choice of a pure and clear consciousness, yet it is not so far removed from giving in to depression...and allowing the polluted world to damn your soul?

I think i've been slipping into depression for the last couple of months....but i'm not quite there yet.

I'm going to resurrect a defunct exercise regime. I think that's the best step for me right now.

Ethereal Sage said:
I won't add my opinion to the thread, but I might make mention of some tracks I listen to when I feel less than OK.

Limbonic Art - In Mourning Mystique (great track)
Yeah I second that! That is Limbonic Art's best performance in my opinion. In general "Moon in the Scorpio" is absoluetly genuis work. That track does indeed help with depression for me for some reason.

But speaking of depressive music, what is your take on Sentenced? I love the video for "No one there". Absolutely genuis. That video actually made me start to cry, because it was so depressing. That was weird though, because I never cried at something like that out of the blue. Absolutely fuckin genuis video.

Profanity: You just gotta stop with these cut-downs man. I know it's a joke to you, but you just gotta stop. This is a serious topic and cutting people down for what they suffer from isn't right. (And it's not their fault, it's human nature)

SculptedCold said:
I think i've been slipping into depression for the last couple of months....but i'm not quite there yet.

I'm going to resurrect a defunct exercise regime. I think that's the best step for me right now.
Yeah, exercise is a great way to fight depression. I lift weights religiously. If it weren't for that, I would be a lot more depressed than I already am.

@ the first post of this thread: yes. i go to therapy twice a week (even though i don't want to) and my therapist is putting me on medication now (and i don't want that either) :erk: *sigh* i'm not just depressed though, there's some other stuff too.

Ethereal Sage said:
Isn't it funny that resigning yourself to a higher power is considered the ultimate choice of a pure and clear consciousness, yet it is not so far removed from giving in to depression...and allowing the polluted world to damn your soul?
Maybe, but only if you become totally dependant on this 'higher power' regardless of what it is...