Does anyone else here have depression?

I know the best thing you can do is to deal with the original problem but sometimes there is no solution available, due to circumstances out of your control. That is when people turn to other methods and dependancy may well become an issue...

There is always a solution, it's just a decision of whether you like it or can go forth with it. I am open to debate with the idea of dealing with the original problem, as people sometimes see problems before they understand what they're dealing with.

Life Sucks said:
Yeah, exercise is a great way to fight depression.
I agree, you can´t...or I mean...you "can" but you wont get any good result if you dont think positive when doing any sport, and positive thinking makes you do better results when training, and a good training makes you feel good :)

i'm feeling kind of down lately, too. 2003 has undoubtly been one of the worst years in my life and im glad its over. had family problems, serious money problems, stress problems because of university and my job and the obligatory community service needed to graduate didnt leave me any free time... got the worst grades at school ive ever gotten, failed a class for the second time, was involved in stupid meaningless relationships that just hurt everyone involved, also one that was very meaningful and important for me that just didnt work out and leaves me feeling empty and like i dont know what to do with myself.

but i dont think i feel depressed. when i think over everything that happened this year, i think i should feel more depressed than how i actually feel. im actually pretty ok, but i plan on having a very quiet and unadventurous first 6 months, before i go overseas to study.

we need a NF thread.

I´m not sure why I post this here but me and mum has been taking care of dad who has cancer last week because he has been really sick, he can´t barely breath and stand on his own legs, we have hoped that it was the side effects of the medicine but today the doctors said that it was the cancer and there is nothing more they can do about it so they are going to stop the treatment and maybe he will live another couple of months, I haven´t really beileived it yet and the depression hasn´t come too me yet, but I´m sure it will, eventhough for now I`m just really down and sad and not quite sure what to do

ante said:
I´m not sure why I post this here but me and mum has been taking care of dad who has cancer last week because he has been really sick, he can´t barely breath and stand on his own legs, we have hoped that it was the side effects of the medicine but today the doctors said that it was the cancer and there is nothing more they can do about it so they are going to stop the treatment and maybe he will live another couple of months, I haven´t really beileived it yet and the depression hasn´t come too me yet, but I´m sure it will, eventhough for now I`m just really down and sad and not quite sure what to do
Man that sucks big time.

Awww, Anders, I know you and your mom are going to get through this. *hugs* If you ever need someone to talk to, you know I'm here. That's what MSN is for.

I know, usually I don't say anything like that about anyone, but in Profanity's case, I simply don't care. I hate his guts, he is the most disgusting evil piece of shite that I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Life Sucks said:
That's not a nice thing to say.

this is not an anti-profanity thread though. its a place where some people are talking about serious things that bother them and make them unhappy. comparing profanity posting in the same forum as you do as a reason to be depressed is sort of disrespectful for people who do feel depressed for real reasons, methinks.

@Anders- same as what others said :)

Actually I posted what I did because I was so disgusted at what I had read from Profanity on the previous pages where he was saying disgusting things about people with depression.