FS: Mesa 2 ch. Dual Rectifier

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Yes folks, it's about that time - I really wanna give the Roadster a try, so I'm selling my 2 ch. Dual to make it possible. I may end up buying another if the Roadster doesn't pan out, but since it's highly unlikely I'll take any sort of loss in the process with my deal-hunting skillz, I'm not too worried!

Anyway, excellent working condition, cosmetically pretty damn good, though since I painted the diamond plate black myself, it's not without its flaws; specifically, I had pulled it off to paint it, and thought it was dry, so I put the headshell on its back, stuck the plate on there with heavy-duty mounting tape, and then put down two dishtowels on the diamond plate and stacked a bunch of books on them to hold it down. However, when I pulled them off I discovered the paint had not, in fact, entirely dried, so there's a bit of lint from the dishtowels still on the paint :erk: But it's only noticeable when looking close up - observe:

DSC00575.jpg

Re-ampforTGM2Settingz.jpg

Rig.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

(for the love of god ignore those settings in the last pic :ill: ) It also comes with a high quality padded slip cover from D2F on ebay, and a 2-button footswitch with 2x (one for backup) cables with 7-pin DIN plugs on one end that branch into two 1/4" TS plugs on the other end, one for changing channels, one for toggling the loop. No I won't sell this separately, don't ask ;) All this can be yours, for $1225 shipped in the US, BUT I WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL, cuz the fees are ridiculous - money order or bank check only in the US; if it's international shipping I'll accept paypal, but we'll cross that bridge if/when we get to it.

And SigmundFreud33 on here has first dibs since he asked for it first, so I'll see if he wants it or not!

Well, that's relevant Mike! :lol: But I got it on the 'bay for $1k last year (at the time they were ~$1450 new, apparently the prices have plummeted though!)

And Guy, don't worry, up isn't bacon yet, I'm still replacing it with another Dual Rec (just a different flavor :D)

Haha, I know it wasn't exactly on-topic but I figured now was as good a time as ever :)

Yup, and I've been just as guilty with derailing FS threads :D

Anyway, I snapped a pic of the footswitch and cables in case anyone was curious (and the LED's are powered by the amp, so no battery necessary)

2chFootswitch.jpg

haha, you know dude... this time last year I would have certainly made it worth your while to send it to Bristol! Conversion isnt so great at the moment :hotjump: Anyway, good luck with the sale Marcus, i suspect this will be signed and sealed by the end of the evening US time.

Thanks dude, fingers crossed! :D And Mark, yeah, I really have a lot of hope for it, so I wanna give it a try!

By the way, SigmundFreud declined because of funds (I know that feeling), so it's up for grabs!

So what I am wondering is, is the difference between the two channel and three channel as big of a deal as the difference between the 5150 and 5150 II? ;):lol:

Well I'm not certain how big or small the differences between the 2 ch. and 3 ch. are, but I'm pretty sure the differences are bigger between 2/3 ch. and Roadster! :D And nah, I'm still definitely a Mesa nut at heart, as almost all my favorite tones have been Rectifiers - the difference is I'm realizing none of them have been 2 ch. models! (e.g. "Demigod" + "The Apostasy", Misery Signals' "Controller" (despite the fizz), and while Ghost Reveries and TGCD may be a 2 ch. (or Road King, Jens has both), I still dig those tones but I'm finding they're not saturated enough for me). The new Whitechapel, too, has a roaring Recto tone, even if the music is...not to my taste (actually, admittedly, it wasn't that bad when I listened to it)

Yessir, they're incredibly clear and flat, and sound fantastic! A bit lacking in the bass response department (5" drivers, after all), but in pro reviews they've always been praised for their accuracy with what bass they do have (and I totally agree), so it's a quality over quantity thing IMO!