FS: Mesa 2 ch. Dual Rectifier

Here are some pics of the face taken off for those interested. I would think this is a pretty easy mod (the paint the face black mod):

021.jpg

020.jpg

No reply about trying a different guitar Marcus? Have you had the fizz problem when re-amping DI's from someone else?

Yes, I have, and I've mentioned it many times in other threads, I just don't really care about justifying myself anymore (and certainly don't wanna scare off a potential buyer)

Yes, I have, and I've mentioned it many times in other threads, I just don't really care about justifying myself anymore (and certainly don't wanna scare off a potential buyer)

Hey, I wasn't asking you to justify yourself, just making sure you'd tried everything before making a decision. ;)

imagine being someone who had no idea who you are or what you were talking about, think of how they'd read "I could be interested coming soon by your recto Marcus..." written by analgrinder333

I LOL'd,

sorry, back on topic?

It was for explain a bit why I want wait a week:lol:
Really confusing I agree...

This thread has turned into everyone trying to convince Marcus to not sell his DR :lol:

This thread has turned into everyone trying to convince Marcus to not sell his DR :lol:

Seriously, I don't see what's so hard to understand (or bothersome to people) about me wanting to try the Roadster to see if I like it better :err:

And Postmortem, that first one is cool, though pretty muffled sounding (and since it's a T75 cab, it's not quite an even comparison) - and your vocalist sounds like his goal is to vomit up his larynx :lol: "Deprived of Life" doesn't sound fizzy either, but again, since it's through an impulse, not quite an even comparison.

Look, I might change my tune when I hear a high-gain tone with a 2 ch. through a Recto cab that doesn't have the fizz I hear, but here's a clip Lasse re-amped for me with his 2 ch./Recto that does, and while he said it was something of a quick clip (and thus hadn't tweaked it very much), I'm pretty confident no amp settings would remedy it (nor would mic position, as for the umpteenth time, I hear it in the room, and it's a different frequency of fizz than what comes from dustcap proximity anyway).

And, so I once again don't completely sabotage my chances of selling this thing, the fizz can be pretty transparently tamed via post-eq (I refer again to this eq'ed clip from my upcoming EP, see my post earlier in this thread for eq specifics), but AGAIN, I just wanna try the Roadster.

Hey man more power to you for wanting to try a roadster. it has a way diffrent sound then your two channel recto. but with the right amount of tweeking and a ts on it, the thing fucking smokes. my only problem with it is that the reverb doesent really shine thru on the high gain channels like it does on the clean's.

Haha, well I definitely wouldn't ever be caught dead using verb on high gain, so I'm not too worried about that - and it'll pretty much be a recording amp anyway!

Yeah, but it's still a Revision G (the last revision), meaning it has a parallel FX loop (the earlier ones had a series loop) - the first few hundred Rev G's had the attached power cable before they went to the detachable one.

yeah i remember reading about the g's having attached power cables for a short time and thats also when they put the larger mesa faceplate on it. i just saw a 1993 dual rec on ebay for 1300. god i wish i had the money for one to add to my collection. but i'm still torn between a 3 channel dual and a roadster.