FS: Mesa 2 ch. Dual Rectifier

Yeah I've noticed that as well, I'm too lazy for all that.

Again, not relevant but have you always had that amp stand? I think one would be pretty useful at my place.

Is it really worth switching amps this soon just over one fizzle spike? I mean you're jumping from one amp character to a very similar one. The two could probably be easily matched with an outboard EQ, or post-processing. Isn't it worth hanging around and seeing whether you dig the Roadking more before spending the cash again for a diff amp? I suppose I just don't understand how the rectifier could be limiting you. They are used on world class records, and it certainly seems like you didn't get as much out of it as it's capable of, so will splurging on another, extremely similar amp, actually be fruitful?

I suppose I come from somewhere else. Over here you have to commit with your gear purchases unless you want to go bankrupt, so I get something good after months of research and roll with it for many years. Still digging the C7, and still don't own an amp (6 years down the track... still trying to work out which one is right).

Yeah I've noticed that as well, I'm too lazy for all that.

Again, not relevant but have you always had that amp stand? I think one would be pretty useful at my place.

Hey, I'm glad I can help! (with my responses, I mean) And yeah, I got that amp stand last summer, and it's really useful; just the standard On Stage offering, works really well for re-amping!

FAIL! BLASPHEMER!

Just kidding. The only amp I will separate myself from the DR is a Road King.

And the Roadster is the Road King with all the excessive extraneous shit removed! :D

Let me know then the Dual Rec sells. I'm thinking about ditching the Roadster for a Splawn Nitro.

Holy shit, is this still Juan? (new username, did you get randomly banned like I did at The Boogie Board? :lol: ) I must admit I have a boner for Splawns, but damn dude - still, I'd come up there and pick it up from you myself if you do sell it!

dude. are you sure its not you re-amp box colouring it. !?!

Yes, because I used this amp for my re-amp box shootout ;)

And Ermz, I actually do think I've gotten everything this setup (amp, cab, 1x 57) is capable of, thank you ;) (though you haven't heard my re-amps that I did with it for my upcoming EP that are to be its swansong, but while I think they're the best yet, I don't feel they're *that* much better than others I've done). And exactly what world class records do you know of a 2 ch. Dual being put through a Recto cab, besides TGE? And all the ones I've heard that aren't fizzy are too low-gain/unsaturated (or through T75's, in the case of "Dead Heart")

And furthermore, as I mentioned in the OP, with my deal hunting skills, there's almost no way I'd take any kind of financial loss even if I bought a Roadster, sold it, and got a 2 ch. again, so I don't really have a reason not to explore my curiosity!

It's still me. Somehow when I signed up the first time my email address became my user name. I didn't really like having that out there. I'm thinking about changing the rig around a little. Maybe picking up the Splawn and I just got a trade offer of a Gibson Custom Shop Zakk Wylde LP for my Caparison. I may just go for it.

Most records I know of were non-specific about the recto being a 2 or 3 channel model. Surely there's not a world of difference between the two? My experience lies solely with the 3-chan, which is a great amp. Possibly the very best rhythm guitar amp I've ever heard.

I'm also not sure I know a single long-time engineer who would be bold enough to say that they can get everything one particular gear chain is capable of. There are always different approaches. I would not sell a Rectifier until I got Nickelback-quality tone with it or unless I got tired of the tone. Because at the end of the day anything less is a failure on my part, not the amp's. I suppose that's where I'm coming from and struggle a bit to see the other side, but if you feel exploring the curiosities will be worth it, by all means, I was mainly just curious.

FWIW I've been tracking peaveys, mesas, engls, soldanos, bogners etc. professionally for half a decade and I wouldn't even dare to imagine I knew all the tonal possibilities that could come from those amps. Believing you're at the apex is very dangerous and counter-progressive, IMO. But I suppose that could make a good discussion for another thread. Sorry for the derail! (though you kinda deserve it after my 'reamp' thread :) )

Good luck with the sale.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT AN LP FOR AN ANGELUS :lol: Seriously dude, stop the madness :D

And to any potential buyers, don't get the wrong idea - I still really dig this amp, I just feel like I might like the Roadster a bit more, and as for the EP tone I mentioned above, I figured I'd post a clip of it so you all can judge - this is 2 rhythm tracks through the Red Channel modern mode, no bass (obviously :loco: ), and as for post-EQ, there's HP/LP with a narrow 1.5 dB cut at 730 to get rid of the slight cocked-wah sound from the TS, a narrow 2.5 dB cut at 6k, and an even narrower 1k cut at 6.2k - hardly extreme stuff I'd say! And of course through the Recto cab mic'ed with one 57 ;)

EDIT: Extended to show more riffage to display more tonez Metaltastic EP Tone Clip.mp3 (and I intentionally tried to scoop this one a bit more than normal to leave room for bass/vox). Listen to that punchiness on the staccato (verse) part! :headbang:

Most records I know of were non-specific about the recto being a 2 or 3 channel model. Surely there's not a world of difference between the two? My experience lies solely with the 3-chan, which is a great amp. Possibly the very best rhythm guitar amp I've ever heard.

I'm also not sure I know a single long-time engineer who would be bold enough to say that they can get everything one particular gear chain is capable of. There are always different approaches. I would not sell a Rectifier until I got Nickelback-quality tone with it or unless I got tired of the tone. Because at the end of the day anything less is a failure on my part, not the amp's. I suppose that's where I'm coming from and struggle a bit to see the other side, but if you feel exploring the curiosities will be worth it, by all means, I was mainly just curious.

FWIW I've been tracking peaveys, mesas, engls, soldanos, bogners etc. professionally for half a decade and I wouldn't even dare to imagine I knew all the tonal possibilities that could come from those amps. Believing you're at the apex is very dangerous and counter-progressive, IMO. But I suppose that could make a good discussion for another thread. Sorry for the derail! (though you kinda deserve it after my 'reamp' thread :) )

Good luck with the sale.

Of course I don't think I've gotten every sound out of the amp, but I also don't care about that, nor do I care about the Nickelback sound - I want one good distorted tone, that's it, and what I meant was I think I've gotten the closest I can get to my idea of that from it.

And how did I derail your re-amp thread? I gave feedback to people on their tones, and then Mikko engaged me (note the wording) in a brief debate about his tones, which were also re-amps of your stuff. And if it bothered you, you should've mentioned it there, cuz I had no idea ;)

But anyway, potential buyers, listen to the clip I posted just above, and decide for yourself! :)

Haha, thanks dude, though I'd like to think they'd be tearing up already as it is :D And naturally, I won't be using these same drums on the EP! :ill:

Haha, thanks dude, though I'd like to think they'd be tearing up already as it is :D And naturally, I won't be using these same drums on the EP! :ill:

Yeah, the tone is good.

I';m just saying Peanut butter is cool too, but add chocolate and...Actually the 5150 would be PB and Mesa Choc.

:yow::yow::devil:

And yes those drums are harrowing.

Lemme get a copy of the EEP when it has finished simmering.