FUCK Ozzfest. it's all about The SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND Tour

The8thPlague

Halfman,Halfbeast:DEMIGOD
Following our exclusive revelation of the Sounds of the Underground Tour here at SMNnews.com, an official press release has been issued over the matter. It reads as follows:

Independent label powerhouses Ferret Music, Prosthetic Records, Trustkill Records and Metal Blade Records, along with sponsors Music Choice, Revolver, Pure Volume.com and Hot Topic join together with 18 of the hottest bands in the metal and hardcore scenes to Present the SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND TOUR 2005. The tour is scheduled to run June 25 through the end of July. The SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND will be an all day event with music starting each day at noon and will be held in both indoor and outdoor venues in the US and Canada.

Confirmed bands, as we first announced, include:

CLUTCH
POISON THE WELL
OPETH
UNEARTH
FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES
CHIMAIRA
NORMA JEAN
EVERY TIME I DIE
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD
THROWDOWN
HIGH ON FIRE
DEVIL DRIVER
ALL THAT REMAINS
A LIFE ONCE LOST

...with a special headliner that will be announced in the next few weeks to come. (editor's note: which is LAMB OF GOD...)

A special half-time performance will be made by GWAR mid way thru the show. MADBALL and TERROR will be splitting the East and West portions of the tour. Regional appearances will be made by: THE RED CHORD (East coast markets), FEAR BEFORE THE MARCH OF FLAMES (Midwest and Southeast markets), and HIMSA (Western markets) on the tour.

The SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND TOUR is produced by Face the Music Touring booking agent Tim Borror, Ferret label executive/artist manager Paul Conroy, Ferret label owner Carl Severson and artist manager Larry Mazer. One of the concert organizers Paul Conroy concedes, "It was nearly two years ago to date when we were watching A Life Once Lost, Every Time I Die, Unearth and Lamb of God play a VFW Hall in Suburban Philadelphia; there was something about the energy in that single show that made me a believer that these bands would grow to levels that would far exceed the VFW halls they were accustomed to playing. This tour will serve as an important vehicle in the continued development of "organic" heavy music. Myself, Carl Severson, Tim Borror and fellow partner Larry Mazer are sincerely honored to have this opportunity to launch such a tour with its incredible group of bands."

Frontman Keith Buckley of EVERY TIME I DIE, "I can't imagine a tour that is so efficient in finding the pulse of American music. This has it all, and we are proud to be a part of it. Come and get your fix kids, this is great music for all of us bad people."

Trevor Phipps of UNEARTH lays it on the line, "This tour will show the masses that real music is alive and well. "SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND" will prove that you don't need "pop-culture" to embrace your sound and way of life. We are all excited as all hell to get this tour underway."

SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND will be the first festival tour for CLUTCH. Lead singer Neil Fallon anticipates, “I look forward to the catering tents and excited youth groups. Leave your styling gel at home. Marshall stacks and mag lights all the way around! Sign me up and give me all your drink tickets”.

Ticket prices for SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND will be kept as cheap as possible; nearly all advance tickets will be under $30. Organizers of the tour are ticket price sensitive and will be sure to pass along info on how and where to beat overdone surcharges as well as offer advance tickets online before tickets go on sale to the public.

More information is available at http://www.soundsoftheundergroundtour.com/.

The first confirmed city we have for the tour is in Denver, Colorado.

yeh the only nonshitty bands are opeth lamb of god and SYL.... only a few good bands. Its basically the same as ozzfest. most of those bands have been on ozzfest too

yeah it's kinda like Tattoo The Earth. Remember that failed atttempt of a tour?

The best thing about SotU tour is the price though.
$20 to see:
LoG, SYL, Unearth, ATR, Opeth, Throwdown, aLOL, & Devildriver is nice enough for me.
There's still room for at least 3 more bands too, so hopefully those 3 others are a bit more on the Metal side.
Because PTW & ETID should really NOT be a part of this tour.

I don't know if I like this idea or not. Basically because Opeth is one of my favorite bands, and I'd much rather see another Opeth headlining show then a 20-40 minute set followed by a lot of boring bands and a few good ones. That's like...2-4 Opeth songs, it would be a real dissapointment if this turns out to be their only North American tour. I'm gonna be pissed. There are a few other good bands there, but I'd rather see all of them on seperate headlining tours then see them all together with condensed sets. But that's just me.

Opeth and SYL are the only bands i'd go to see. Lamb of God's last CD was good... i dont care for their other stuff. i'd probably wind up going. $20 to see Opeth and SYL? Don't mind if i do.

the only 2 worth it bands for me would be the following:
OPETH
CLUTCH

Ozzfest might have more real metal this year than they have since the first year if rumors are true. I can't believe I might actually go to it.

I hope that Opeth gets a really high billing, I want the longest set possible from them. I also hope that a lot of the "core" kiddies who will surely end up at this show, appreciate the bands they don't know, like Opeth.

Also...if they play Dallas....I hope they play an indoor venue! The one year I went to Ozzfest, standing out in the 100+ degree weather in the sun was not pleasant.

Opeth > all those lame metalcore bands. SYL isn't too bad. But seeing Opeth play only like 3 songs is saddening. I remember the Blackest Of The Black tour here, Opeth played 3 songs, just so Superfag Ritual can gay up the place.

Yeah, I would much rather pay a hell of a lot more just to see Opeth headline again, hell I'd pay a hell of a lot more to see Opeth do a full headlining show with no other bands period. I'm still gonna go to this Festival, cause I love Opeth. It's just gonna be dissapointing when they leave the stage after maybe 3 songs, and some crappy band takes their place.

Can't wait to see them headline again.

I've already seen SYL and Opeth play together, when SYL and Meshagguh were touring, and Opeth and Lacuna Coil were touring, some how they both got booked at the same club in Dallas...on the same day...so they put them together into one big show with Opeth headlinging. The others were good, but Opeth absolutely obliterated them.

I am probably going to ozzfest for first time since the first one as I need to see Iron maiden play strictly from first 4 cds, classic anthrax lineup(mystery band yet announced), mastodon, arch enemy, and to laugh at nu flames and soilwork.

It falls on my first week back in Arizona!:headbang: