Fuckin' THRASH!

They havn't been thrash since Countdown to Extinction, but regardless they do rape everything.

and 'raw' doesnt necessarily mean musical in other words not that great

for me its bascially all about the solo's you can say that slayer are riff lords but seriously all their shit sounds similar - its just fast rythm anyone can do that nothing exceptional

Well you sir aren't the one I was challenging.

but anyways, If you can nail the solo from Toxic Waltz or Pirahna, I'll be impressed.

Yeah I know but I felt like giving some new stuff a listen.

Toxic Waltz is the only song I've heard and it's really cool.

and 'raw' doesnt necessarily mean musical in other words not that great

for me its bascially all about the solo's you can say that slayer are riff lords but seriously all their shit sounds similar - its just fast rythm anyone can do that nothing exceptional

I never said Thrash was particularly musical. Its just fast, pulverizing, head banging fun.

If there were more thrash fans on here, I'd give them more bands to check out, but alas.

I mean...don't get me wrong guys. I love melodic metal and fluttery keyboards, but sometimes I prefer the pounding riffs and speed that only thrash can provide.

oh...and there are PLENTY of gnarly solos in thrash.

dear steve,
i will trade you Municipal Waste for the next "big" hip-hop group out of Hampton Roads
love,
ricky

p.s. free addition of Lamb of God

Söy;6165337 said:
dear steve,
i will trade you Municipal Waste for the next "big" hip-hop group out of Hampton Roads
love,
ricky

p.s. free addition of Lamb of God

Waste is incredible. Lamb of God has their moments. And there are other Richmond bands that I'll gladly take off your hands like Battlemaster and Cannabis Corpse. Your loss...

in other words, you can have richmond bands, i want the cash cow to get $$$ and bling

duh!

:p