Fucking Jager..

Jager is interesting in small amounts, but I only had small amounts after a meal and would not have liked it if I hadn't already developed a taste for proper licorice.

I still don't have any drunk stories like that... the first time I got to the 'can't walk without a little effort' stage is still the best story I have. I had quite a bit of category theory to do, so I took a break and had a bit of gin and tonic... and then a few more... and eventually lost count before falling asleep with no memory of what happened between a few drinks and whenever I made it to bed. I woke up the next day, came over to my computer, and spent a few minutes wondering who had broken into my flat just to do my homework. I read things over, fixed a broken diagram, and over the next several minutes figured that I had understood several days' worth of the stuff that even other professional mathematicians call 'abstract nonsense' in one evening (solving all of the given problems while doing so) thanks to Beefeater, tonic, and a few slices of lime that will never be forgotten. I no longer even think about doing that stuff sober. (I guess I really know how to go on a bender... take a break from abstract nonsense to get thrashed and immediately go back to abstract nonsense. My parties will be amazing as soon as I get around to having any.)

Jeff

The Jägermeister story is quite interesting, while they struggled with their image of being an "old folks' liquor" for decades at their home base, they literally exploded into American pop and drinking culture in the late 90s.

When I was a kid, the stereotype of the '40+ jobless alcoholic' used to be tightly knit to the product. It wasn't until they started to transfer some of the marketing strategies that were so successful in the US before they once again grew bigger market shares within the 18-39 age range, teens and twens especially.

Quite an ironic and mostly unexpected turnaround for a product so firmly based in German lore.

--------------

Even though the marketing turnaround hadn't yet settled in, Jägermeister used to be on of my and my peers' favourite liquors from our early youth on. Up to the point when it basically reached cult status.

Always pure, never blended, many a blackout used to be had.

I rarely touch it these days.

I love Jäger, the thing I drink the most are Jägerbombs (with Powerking <3). I'm going to a party tomorrow, lots of jägerbomb will be consumed.

Shit is too expensive.

No blackouts here though, unlike whisky it doesnt actually send me asleep.

If I could, I would replace my entire system of bodily fluids with Jägermeister. I haven't drunk it in ages though, since when ever I buy it I drink it all in like 5 minutes and get seriously fucked up.

Blacked out once on it... but it was after consuming a bottle to myself and smoking a hell of a biff afterwards...

I used to mix doubles with Cider and Redbull in a pint glass (wake-up juice) then we adapted it later by adding double jack... (then named the "gaz" by customers who ordered one at the bar i worked at... it was killer... maybe 4 of those was a good night... though no blackouts from that....

i dont get why i can hold jager so well haha
everyones jager stories seem to be along the lines of the original post yet mine are along the lines of "i drank some stuff drank some jager drank some more stuff, staggered home and crashed out" which is how i like it. you could take "drank some jager" out of that sequence of events and my night would end exactly the same way

Never got that either.. its like any other booze for me.
Maybe some people react more to the absinthe? ;X

I don't get why Jägermeister is so popular in America... one of the nastiest things on earth.

+1 to Marcus for vodka, although I hate whiskey :lol:

In more than enough years of (excessive) drinking, I couldn't drink enough to have a blackout, I just vomit all the crap out and want to die the next day.

Now I am just lucky that I successfully quit drinking.

Oy, Jager. Used to be able to drink the stuff until I had a few bad experiences, lol. I might still be able to, haven't tried recently. In fact right now, the thought, let alone the smell, is almost enough to make me gag. :-D

Joe

vodka gives me the creeps. I want to hurl at the smell of it, must be based on a really good night I had sometime.

Same here.. i can drink some brands of Vodka(The brands that vodka-lovers hate basically! :lol:).
On the booze side, i seriously prefer good home distilled/moonshine booze.
Its cleaner then anything ive ever found at a liquor store, its just a bit tricky to find GOOD moonshine! ;)

I got a mean drunk on Jäger once ... it used to be my favorite until this one episode where I was slamming back drinks with my brother and a buddy of mine and next thing I know they're pulling me out of a stall in the woman's bathroom. I was puking my guts up and there were a bunch of chicks just staring at me ... one of them it seems had an eye on me in the bar and knew who I was with so she ran and got them so they could pull me out of there.

Despite all, she gave me her number :D

Talk about hard up